Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

33.4 Texts in the Night

Edited 1525586433
FILE 137X98A.47.A SMS EXCHANGE CLASSIFICATION 4 CASE MrMrsSmith XREF CASE Turtleneck XREF CASE Azula SOURCEUNIT 252-214-XXXX SOURCEUNIT 252-963-XXXX PROTOCOL STREAM 3;12;19;00 AGENT CC Waters+; Parker+; Conway  [Begin SMS Stream] Hello hero. Alycia? Lot of other people say that to you? No Well? [Pause] Hey Alycia What's up? Really busy I noticed. You haven't been in "study hall" all week. QF stuff... I got a pass Well, as long as you have an excuse. Got a full scheule AP and XP plus trying to get stuff set up for QF... Not an excuse a reason. As long as you have your priorities. [Pause] Well, on the bright side, you're able to walk into Home Ec without turning around and walking back out. Hey Can't wait to taste your salsa next week. Spicier than your contributions to the Sex Ed unit this week. Hey [Pause] So that's all you have to say? Hey? Wat do you want me to say Alycia? Well, maybe, sort of, anything. You haven't said anything to me all week. I thought thats what you wanted That's what you got from what I said?? What do you want Alycia? Well I thought I wanted you, but you keep moving away, so, yeah, that's part of the pattern. Jeez Alycia I've got a zillion things. Force ranking, Jason. What's important to you? What you want me to invite you to the prom? [Pause] Do you want to goto the prom? [Pause] Are you thinking of me in a prom dress? Maybe You're Be Ridiculous. Hey [Pause] Fine. Whatever. Offer is open let me know if you want ot or not whaever you want I just dont know Just remember, I reached out to you Jason. Whatevs Did you just say whatevs to me? Really? Whatevs. May 12. Your choice. [End SMS stream] #Cutscene
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
FILE 137X98Z.19.A SMS EXCHANGE CLASSIFICATION 4 CASE MrMrsSmith XREF CASE Turtleneck XREF CASE Azula SOURCEUNIT 252-214-XXXX SOURCEUNIT 252-963-XXXX PROTOCOL STREAM 3;12;19;00 AGENT CC Waters+; Parker+; Conway [Begin SMS Stream] Hey Hello. Hero. So, havent talked in a bit You noticed? Well yeah Well that's remarkably perceptive of you. Things have been busy on my end, so havent seen you in class Yes, noticed you were absent. Assumed you have Most Critical and Essential Business Things you are doing. Well, yeah, Trying to set up stuff. Meetings Board of Director stuff So the good little capitalist. Um... yeah So to what do I owe the honor of this texting? I just hadnt had a chance to talk. Like stuff. I've been so busy, and well we never settled about the  Settled about the? Prom [Pause] Alycia? Oh, sorry, you were really serious about asking me to prom? Well yeah I mean, of course This is mean to be my introduction to society, my appearance as a debutante, an announcement that I am an adult of childbearing years and of marriageable age for all suitors acceptable to my father? [Pause] With taffeta? You don't have to go Oh, you think? That's not what I meant I recognize that you do not need to go to prom. I am aware of that. I am woke. It was an invitation, not an imposition. I dont want to impose my hegemonic privilege on you [Pause] Alycia? I'm thinking. Ok [Pause] What the hell do you want from me, Jason? I just want to chat Im in Washington DC and I thought I would talk with you So I'm just someone you reach out to when you're lonely. Jeez, really? If you want to talk with me fine If you dont fine If you want to go to prom fine If you dont fine Fine? [Pause] My apologies.  [Pause] I guess maybe I'm suddenly a bit over sensitive to people expecting things from me. Which is notyou. So I'm sorry. Okay [Pause] So things have been kind of interesting here. I read about it Sorry I wasn't there I did authorize distribution of a bunch of Qdrones to help take up the slack where the Rookbots were being depended on You realize how in truly stupid an idea that was. Jeez, really? Well, you have people who have just been traumatized, rightfully, by a bunch of robots, so you send in a bunch more robots without their request.  Ok I can see why some people might get weirded out Robots, Jason.  Ok admit it you have always been a bit hinky about robots Alycia You, of all people, should understand why. I understand it but youre kind of monomaniacal about it Did everyone cheer and should when your robots arrived? No Some people shot at them I rest my case. It makes no sense Robots, Jason. So clearly it needed better corporate communication I can handle that And you didn't do it just to sell more "Qdrones". No I mean thats cool if it did but I just wanted to help people Well, that's actually rather noble. REally? Thanks Don;'t let it go to your head. Ok Hey hypothetical question? Yes? Which is a better super-hero name, Glimmer or Radiance? Despite your extremely blond hair, I don't think either suits you. Asking for a friend. [Pause] A friend with an involvement in hard light technology. Yeah! Alycia? Hey? [End SMS Stream]
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
I beg of you to let me do Agent 1337's reaction to having to read these.
Bill G. said: I beg of you to let me do Agent 1337's reaction to having to read these. Oh, please do.
Agent 1337's reaction ...
FILE 137X98Z.27.C SMS EXCHANGE CLASSIFICATION 4 CASE MrMrsSmith XREF CASE Turtleneck XREF CASE Azula SOURCEUNIT 252-214-XXXX SOURCEUNIT 252-963-XXXX PROTOCOL STREAM 3;12;19;00 AGENT CC Waters+; Parker+; Conway [Begin SMS Stream] Hey [Pause] Soooooooo... Sorry about that. [Pause] "Sorry about what" I hear you ask because it's important to recognize what you're sorry for. Got it So yeah you're smart and clever and all that So you know I have like feelings for you even though I'm really inept at saying them because I am And I know you're hinky about robots and so I was talking about Summer, who's my friend And you picked up on that beause you are (smart, clever, all that stuff) And you know Stuff So I have feelings for Summer too. And as you'd expect I'm terrible at all this. And I don't want to talk with you about it because I don't want to hurt you and you hate robots and I think you hate me sometimes too but we're like moths and flames to each other And I don't want to hurt you So no worries on the prom thing because that would be really weird and I know it's not your thing because you were raised in this horrible super-villain lair thing and I get that And I hoped that maybe once our dads were out of the way and we were on the same world and all that that maybe we could just spend some time together and talk but that hasn't happened So it's cool You do your thing and I'll do mine And you don't even have to respond to my texts because they probably bother you and make you have that frowning face that I used to poke my finger on the bridge of your nose and tell you I was making you not frown But we were like 12 years old and life is more complicated than that So it's cool I'll see you in class I think I'm back this week We're making salsa according to the syllabus. That should be fun Bye [End SMS Stream]
FILE 137X98Z.27.D SMS EXCHANGE CLASSIFICATION 4 CASE MrMrsSmith XREF CASE Turtleneck XREF CASE Azula SOURCEUNIT 252-214-XXXX SOURCEUNIT 252-963-XXXX PROTOCOL STREAM 3;12;19;00 AGENT CC Waters+; Parker+; Conway [Begin SMS Stream] Jason? Jason, they don't let me hold onto my phone here at Hotel de Site Noir. I didn't see your texts. Dammit, Jason, tell me you have you phone sitting on a charger across the room from you, which would be typical. Jason? [End SMS Stream]
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
*** Dave H. said: So I have feelings for Summer too.
Jason is really trying to clean up his act so that he's not stumbling around like a doofus all the time. He's just sometimes still stumbling around like a doofus in doing so.
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
Mostly I'm picturing Alycia getting more and more stressed by this whole situation, and finally cracking, walking into Blintzkrieg with a loaded pistol, aiming it at Summer and saying "any last words, robot?" Summer's reaction would probably be "I recommend decaf..?"
I don't think it's quite that  bad. Yet. :-) The nature of their discussion (in Alycia's head, at least) does keep evolving, though.
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
On that note, it feels like we might have had enough downtime with this session to work in the conversation with Summer - depending on Parker's leniency, and/or Alycia's (or your) readiness on what to say/do during it :)
If the assumption is that, yes, Alycia's going to be out of jail / on probation (doubtless with other side consequences), then, yes, one of the first things she would do in her spare time after school Monday would be to go visit Summer. (Though she also needs to apologize to Daph for blowing off their study session.)
(I'm out of pocket until tonight, so I can get something rolling then.)

Edited 1524979456
FILE 137X98Z.31.F SMS EXCHANGE CLASSIFICATION 4 CASE MrMrsSmith XREF CASE Turtleneck XREF CASE Azula SOURCEUNIT 252-214-XXXX SOURCEUNIT 252-963-XXXX PROTOCOL STREAM 3;12;19;00 AGENT CC Waters+; Parker+; Conway [Begin SMS Stream] Hey, Hero. You in town? Asking for a friend. Alycia? Oh, hey, you texted me some stuff 00 sorry, missed it. No worries. You around? No in Paris meeting of scientists and diplomats about using hypertech to fight global warming Really crazy stuff Sometimes feel like I'm the most sane person in the room Long long looooooong meetings Sounds like it. So, you going to be back any time soon? Hope to be back at the end of the week Sorry, no salsa I can save some of the stuff I make. If it's any good. Oh hey that's great thanks Jason, I need to talk with you when you're back. Okay that sounds ominous No, no, no. Just, I want to clear the air. Figure out what's going on with us. Oaky that definitely sounds ominous :-) Is it less ominous if I said I just wanted to talk about prom? Uh not really Look, Jason, you texted me a bunch of things. Like, feeling things. And I think we should talk. Oh news reports say this meeting will be extended an extra week Jason Sorry jk Ok yeah why don't you plan on coming over this weekend? I fly back in late Friday so maybe Saturday afternoon? All right, sounds good. Um no weapons right? Do you think I need weapons? *CONCERN* Sorry, jk. See you Saturday. [PAUSE] And thanks. [End SMS Stream]
Several episodes (cough16cough) later ... FILE 137X99N.08.F SMS EXCHANGE CLASSIFICATION 4&nbsp; CASE MrMrsSmith XREF CASE Azula [001] XREF CASE Turtleneck [002] SOURCEUNIT 252-214-XXXX SOURCEUNIT 252-963-XXXX PROTOCOL STREAM 3;12;19;00 AGENT CC Waters+; Parker+; Conway TEXT ORIGIN 001 TEXT ORIGIN 002 BEGIN SMS STREAM Hello, hero. HEY! You're back! Hey! Are you ok? Um, yeah, for certain values of okay. So, sorry about the date thing. I seem to have missed it. No prob, I talked with Summer about it and she explained you guys were off on a mission. She was really worried and that made me worried so I'm glad you're back PAUSE 0:18 We just talked we didn't go out on a date together or anything! No, that's fine. I mean, of course you and Summer talked about it. It's just complicated. The mission? Summer. :-O Not about you. Or you and her. Just, complicated. We can discuss it later. You around? Um actually in LA. There's a thing were doing with donating cartoon residuals to this&nbsp; charity out here that supports youth metas who are homeless because they have&nbsp; dicks for parents Okay, that sounds worthy. It is. Neat people. You in HC? Yes. Damn. I won't be back until Friday.&nbsp; That ties in to what I wanted to talk about. The dance is this weekend. Oh listen I know its all hegemonic and patristic and defenestrationable&nbsp;&nbsp; and all that so you don't have to go I'd like to go. Its just I thought it would be nice if we wait what? I'd like to go.&nbsp; That's great!&nbsp; But I don't think I can make it work. Oh. I get it. I know this relationship has been really crazy. I mean there's so&nbsp; much tearing us apart and there are conflicts in values and in backgrounds&nbsp; &nbsp;and even with the memory and emotion thing fixed there are&nbsp; gaps and problems with our history that sometimes seem insurmountable, so I know what you are saying No, not that. I can't get a dress.&nbsp; Oh. Or maybe that. Why cant you get a dress? Is this one of those mysterious girl things about dance dresses and all that? No. You do know what dance dresses look like right? Jason, I once infiltrated a ball at the Russian embassy in Beijing. I danced a&nbsp; tango with the Italian ambassador. I obtained several NATO launch code&nbsp; sequences while I did. I do know what sort of dress I need. One you can seduce an Italian diplomat in? Because that sounds &nbsp;um very.....Cosmopolitan and I would like to see it I don't think the GA dance chaperones would approve of *that*&nbsp; particular outfit. Regardless, I can scale matters appropriately.&nbsp; I&nbsp; understand women's formalwear is what I'm trying to say. So.......? I don't have a dress. I'm sure someone at GA could tell you a good store. Maybe one of those&nbsp; girl dance dress buying missions to the mall or something.&nbsp; PAUSE 0:34 Alycia? I don't have any money for a dress, ALL RIGHT?&nbsp; I don't get my first paycheck until a week from Friday. Paycheck? Where are you working? Don't ask. If you got a job at the mall you might et a discount on a dress. Did you get a job at the mall? And there you are, asking. Oh sorry I didn't know you were broke. Don't you have like I don't know secret Cayman Island accounts? I am without access to any such resources, even the ones that are left after my fall from grace. They were taken by various parties. Like Aegis? Like other elements of the Chin enterprise which emptied out a number of accounts in breaking away. Like my own R&amp;D efforts this last year which were quite costly. And, of course, I had to turn over to AEGIS all my remaining assets. You didn't keep anything? Of course not. That was part of my parole.&nbsp; Ow that sucks And, of course, if I had kept anything, and mentioned it in a chat session that is almost certainly being monitored by AEGIS (not to mention several other government and non-government agencies and organizations), that would constitute a violation of parole and I most definitely would not make the dance.&nbsp; Oh yeah that makes sense And anything you kept probably isn't easily accessible or cant be easily turned to cash Hypothetically speaking. Right. Hypothetically speaking ;-) So, unless you want to attend a formal dance with someone in blue jeans and year-old Quill charity event t-shirts, I will have to decline your previous offer. Assuming it was still standing. I've lost track if you turned it down or accepted it or I took it back or it was still good PAUSE 0:13 But I want it to be still good. I mean we don't have to go to the dance Everyone will talk if you are in town and don't go to the dance, Jason. You're a celebrity in the school. I hate that stuff. I can imagine, but it's still true. Regardless, I'm not going to make you miss the dance because of that. You can find someone else to go with. PAUSE 0:15 I don't think Summer has a date yet. PAUSE 1:08 Did you just throw me at Summer? No. I was simply evaluating viable tactical options for you. Because that's weird It's complicated. You keep saying that It keeps being true. Like last time we talked when Summer came up you were about ready to reach through the Internet and punch me in the neck and now you are I think suggesting I ask her to the dance? Do I contradict myself. Then I contradict myself. I contain multitudes. Frost! Yes, you get an A on the exam, Jason. I trust you also get the message.&nbsp; Well maybe I don't want to go with Summer I don't know what the emoji is for a skeptical eyebrow raise, so imagine one here. Maybe I actually want to go with you which is why I invited you Alycia Yes, well, that's not an option. PAUSE 1:39 Can I make a tactical suggestion? Can I stop you? I can just buy you a dress PAUSE 0:53 I am pretty sure that's not in keeping with tradition, even for so paternalistic, gender-role-conservative an event as this. Why not? If I buy you flowers nobody will care. If I buy you a ride nobody will comment. If I buy you dinner that's expected too. Why not a dress? PAUSE 0:25 I think its an excellent workaround I do not want charity. Its not charity, its something I want to do I don't want you to do it.&nbsp; Why not? I can afford it Yes, and I can't, so I don't want you to. Pride?&nbsp; Self-respect. Bullshit. The daughter of [REDACTED XREF CASE Perilous] won't accept a gift from someone who want to give it to her&nbsp; I hardly think you're in a position to lecture me on pride. Maybe I'm in precisely the position to do that. Maybe I understand it too well. I appreciate the offer, but pride or no I will not be a charity case for the school dance. Maybe its not charity. Maybe I'm being selfish. Maybe its my figuring out a way to do what I want to do: go to the dance with you PAUSE 0:32 Alycia? PAUSE 5:03 Fine. Text me the money. If you find something send me a link to what you want or put it on your Amazon wishlist I can buy it for you and have it shipped Amazon is the devil.&nbsp;<a href="http://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed/la-oe-koss-the-devil-as-amazon-20170604-story.html" rel="nofollow">http://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed/la-oe-koss-the-devil-as-amazon-20170604-story.html</a> Oooooooookay there are a lot of catalog cmopanies I can order from for you I don't want to give you my address, and I don't want you knowing my dress size. I can probably guess your dress size. I'm pretty good as spatial estimates It's the principle of the thing. Ok how much do you need? THIS IS EXTREMELY AWKWARD STOP ASKING QUESTIONS Будь ты проклят!! Ah ok ill just send you some money PAUSE 0:20 Fine. PAUSE 0:14 Thank you. No problem. Looking forward to the dance. PAUSE 0:17 Oh I have one more question WHAT? What time should I pick you up? END SMS STREAM
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
Well, if nothing else, it was an exercise in using the new Table function in the Roll20 editor. Which worked passably well, aside from lack of control over things like column width. I think it's a marginally more readable format for these texts. And, hey, that's two consecutive incidents of Alycia actually being, um, friendly human non-stabby to a Jason. Maybe there's hope!
Well, if nothing else, it was an exercise in using the new Table function in the Roll20 editor. Which worked passably well, aside from lack of control over things like column width. I think it's a marginally more readable format for these texts. And, hey, that's two consecutive incidents of Alycia actually being, um, friendly human non-stabby to a Jason. Maybe there's hope!
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
*** Dave H. said: And, hey, that's two consecutive incidents of Alycia actually being, um, friendly human non-stabby to a Jason. Maybe there's hope! Yeah, but
*** Dave H. said: Well, if nothing else, it was an exercise in using the new Table function in the Roll20 editor. Which worked passably well, aside from lack of control over things like column width. I think it's a marginally more readable format for these texts. I did appreciate the text being a little easier to follow with the different table style. Great as always, Dave.&nbsp; I'm excited to see how things turn out closer to the dance.&nbsp; Can Alycia just have fun?&nbsp; (unlikely)
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
I felt I had to respond with more than just squeeing and Wonder Woman... I'd like to go.
Bill G. said: I felt I had to respond with more than just squeeing and Wonder Woman... Well, the squee was nice, but ... heh. Mike &nbsp;said: Can Alycia just have fun?&nbsp; (unlikely) There are so many reasons why that's unlikely. The big question is ... how not-fun-having is expressed and cause and focused on. ("Everybody dead, the auditorium in flames, and I've lost my hat ...")
FILE 138X12B.97.F SMS EXCHANGE CLASSIFICATION 3&nbsp; CASE Azula [001] XREF CASE DeepRising [002] XREF CASE Turtleneck&nbsp; SOURCEUNIT 252-881-XXXX SOURCEUNIT 252-963-XXXX PROTOCOL STREAM 3;8;12;27 AGENT CC Parker BEGIN SMS STREAM TEXT ORIGIN 001 TEXT ORIGIN 002 Sitrep Mrglblrgl Dammit, Daph. I'll show you mine if you show me yours. I think he's going to ask me. Is this some miraculous parthenogenesis of clarity, or did you have to beat him about the head and shoulders. LOL he needs a bit of encouragement. And information. And speaking of possibilities. And consequences. Playing down that part. Don't want to scare him off. Not scaring. Just letting him know what he might lose. I don't want him to lose.&nbsp; Me. "Nice potential relationship you got here. Be a shame if something were to happen to it." Oh. Ha! Report when you have update. Aye-aye! PAUSE 37:14 Sitrep? Ssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh PAUSE 47:29 Sitrep! Grblflrbl LOL So ......? He asked me!! Dancing will occur! Bravo. I said Id choose the dinner, he gets to take me to the dance. Nice. Maintaining control while attaining your strategic target. Haha! You make it sound like a military campaign. Do I? I took that hill then. Medals of Honor for everyone! Sooooooooo Yes? DRESS! HAIR! WHAT DO I CONVERSE ABOUT?&nbsp; Daph. Breathe.&nbsp; Oh yes I must breathe whilst my potential evening of romance and potential life-changing personal engagement threatens to burst into flames. PAUSE 0:32 This is a mid-semester dance in high school. What, you're not worried about Mr. Bat-Signal? That is so amazingly different a case that worlds could live and die in response. Easy for you to say. PAUSE 0:47 I am unqualified to suggest a dress, hairstyle, makeup, or shoes. We are very different physical forms and I suck at me, too.&nbsp; Conversationwise, be yourself. If he doesn't like that why the hell are you dating him? But INSECURE!!!! You told me were picked by the gods. Or one of them. Maybe. What does the opinion of some Enjolras-wannabe matter to that. Be strong and confident! I want him to be my Marius. Ugh. Ick. But Marius is so romantic. I hope I never meet a boy who feels the same. So no advice????? The human mind can only grasp three things at a time. Pick three topics to talk about. Something he is clearly passionate about, something you feel strongly about, something that everyone knows about but doesn't care. Rotate through those three topics depending on whether you want to engage him, show your own heart, or retreat to neutral ground. That will give you always something to talk about. Wow. Does that work? Game theory and Bruman's argument about human motivation indicate they should. And you've tested this. Yeah I'm more a do as I say not as I do person. Also more into hypotheticals. Also more into gut instinct when fight or flight takes over. Yeah, but you're a clever minx. Your dates must go very well. PAUSE 023 Your lips to Ishtar's ears. END SMS STREAM