Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Hyperlinks Don't Open In New Tabs?

Edited 1533699148
Hello! I searched before posting, but didn't find this topic - at least not about this hyperlink behavior. If I missed it somehow or am in wrong forum, let me know. When I make new hyperlink, or use old hyperlinks in campaigns whether in journals, tokens, handouts etc. they open in Roll20 and disrupt my game. I don't mean ones intended for chat window or links within the campaign; this is an issue with any outside links such as to a wiki, image, article, webpage etc. I'm pretty sure for some time they opened in new tabs as default. Did I miss something (possible) and need to hit a switch someplace to make this default behavior in campaigns? I find this is happening with either Chrome (Version 67.0.3396.99 (Official Build) (64-bit)) and Firefox (61.0.1 (64-bit)) for me. I am a Pro level subscriber and use a Mac. Thanks for any guidance!
This behaviour appeared with the latest text editor update. No word on whether or not the devs are working on a fix.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I have updated the Journal Wiki to reflect the current status of the Journal Command Buttons. If you would like to pursue the issue, it is currently reported in the Text Editor Update Bug Report Thread . I have moved your report there. Since this issue is being handled there, I will close this thread.