Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Transparent LFG Games Panel "Playing" List Addition Policy, and Objective, Transparent, Community Actionable Criteria for a game's Addition to the LFG Games Panel's "Playing" List

Current policy behind the LFG Games Panel's "Playing" list is nothing short of nebulous, and there's nothing transparent about what actionable steps the Community can take that will guarantee even concerted consideration of a game's inclusion, much less actual addition . Please come up with a Transparent Policy regarding the Addition of Games to the LFG Games Panel's "Playing" List, and some Objective, Actionable Criteria a Game's Community can meet for a given Game to be added to that list.

Edited 1533776873
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
You may be tired of hearing this, but this is the only information we have for you: If you feel a game should be listed, encourage your community members to play and post often. The more community attention a title receives the more likely it is to be added to the list.  You don't need a system to be in the dropdown list to have a character sheet for it; ask in the Sheet Request Thread, Consolidated, mk I thread for someone to help you make or make a character sheet that can then be added to the list of character sheets available to users for their games. You don't need a system to be in the dropdown list to play it; use 'Other Games' and put the name of the system in the listing text, all the forms of it someone might use.  Actually play the game.  Ask those you know who play the game to do likewise. You don't need a system to be in the dropdown list to ask the writers of a system to think about licensing their system for use with the Roll20 VTT; talk to whoever produces the system you're interested in, tell them how interested you would be in being able to have an Official Character Sheet and Official Compendium available on Roll20.  Ask those you know who play the game to do that same. This next statement I make with my ModHat off: I think every licensed product Roll20 offers has an entry in the dropdown list. As this really isn't a Suggestion topic, I'm moving this so you'll get your vote back.
Please note how there is nothing objective about the terms "often" and "more". How often? How much more? How does a game community know what threshhold they have to meet, or whether there even really is one ? The suggestion to be transparent is exactly that; a suggestion. It should be accepted or denied on its own merit. However, you appear insistent that it not even have the chance to be denied; presumably, because it being denied would simply look bad. However, you've actually managed to make things much worse. And are you intending to imply that only licensed games make it to the list? Is it Roll20's intended policy to only allow licensed games onto its "Playing" list? Pretty sure if Steve Jackson Games read that, they would be very upset at Roll20 for claiming a license they didn't actually have . They tend to be pretty litigious about this sort of thing. If, instead, Roll20 was transparent about how games are accepted into their "Playing" list, we would both know one way or the other already, and not even need this discussion, much less you stumbling into lawsuit territory.
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
All squares are rectangles; not all rectangles are squares. What I said with my ModHat off is I think every licensed product Roll20 offers has an entry in the dropdown list .  I did not say only licensed products are on the dropdown list, as that is clearly not the case as you have pointed out, and as I said, this is entirely an observation as a user, not as a Moderator so it is not a statement of any kind of policy on Roll20's part .