Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Your favourite API scripts

Hello Roll20 community! I was wondering, why am I a Pro subscriber and not a Plus subscriber. Then I remembered that API scripts are Pro exclusive. I use the group-initiative API script in all of my campaigns which have initiative, but I rarely use any other scripts. Since I am paying for them, I thought, I should look into them. And wow, how many there are nowadays. There are something like 50 available from the drop-down settings (I think its called subscribing a script) alone. So now I need help finding the "best" to try out. So please, tell me (and everyone else) which are your personal favourites and especially why? What do they do or how do you use them, so they enhance your campaigns so dramatically. Thank you in advance!
With PowerCards, TokenMod, and ChatSetAttr, you can pretty much do whatever you want with the API.
Pantoufle
Pro
Sheet Author
Translator
GMnotes, Tongues and SimpleDoorControl :p
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
My must haves: TokenMod ChatSetAttr Powercards Roll20AM Recursive Tables TurnMarker The following are more by choice but great immersive scripts or tools: Aura/Tint HealthColor Blood and Honor It's A Trap! King's Summon Script PageFX Page Navigator Then there are the dealer's choice scripts: Any of the door management scripts Companion script for your chosen sheet if one exists <that script that hasn't been written yet but fills a niche... so go request it>
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Top scripts: Toolkits These are really script that help you do a wealth of other things. Token Mod ChatSetAttr Must haves Roll20 AudioMaster Companion Script for chosen sheet GM Notes Groupcheck (and Apply Damage) GroupInitiative TokenNameNumber Other favorites Bump TurnTracker TableExport
I will add: Cashmaster & Matt's Door script I love things that takes the load of the GM's shoulders and let her concentrate on the game. 
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
While these are not the only scripts I use, these are the ones I feel strongly about and will happily encourage others to use. Old favorites TokenNameNumber v0.5.12 -- Allows for unique identifying names for a herd of whatevers. (I move to engage Goblin 3) GroupInitiative v0.9.28 -- Quick and easy initiative rolls.  Select a herd of mobs, click a macro button, and wham! they're all added to the initiative tracker (optionally, no spam from rolled results) TokenMod v0.8.40 -- Pretty much anything you could do to a token, this API can do through macros/text commands.  Turn torches on/off, reveal NPC/Monster names, toggle whether PCs can see bars&auras of a group of tokens, whatever you can think of, this does. Bump v0.2.12 -- Want a token the PCs can't see but you're tired of having to flip back and forth to the GM layer?  Bump handles that for you, puts an aura on the token layer that only you can see. PowerCards v3.6.1 -- Sky's last release before it was turned over to the new maintainer.  Predates Roll Templates, does everything a roll template can do... and so much more .  Change fonts, font sizes, align different sections of output to different alignments, have players roll dice to you and not be able to see their own rolls, do comparisons and only show certain things if a roll (raw or calculated) matches requirements.  And players can make their own powercards in their own formats; each player can be different if they want to put in the effort :) New to me Roll20AM v2.10 -- This is quickly becoming a new favorite.  I can set up a macro to start multiple tracks playing plus a playlist, all looping, all appropriately looping (as in the playlist loops the list instead of each song looping while the single tracks outside the playlist loop themselves).  Massively important to me and the creation of my soundscapes :)
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
GenKitty said: While these are not the only scripts I use, these are the ones I feel strongly about and will happily encourage others to use. PowerCards v3.6.1 -- Sky's last release before it was turned over to the new maintainer.  Predates Roll Templates, does everything a roll template can do... and so much more .  Change fonts, font sizes, align different sections of output to different alignments, have players roll dice to you and not be able to see their own rolls, do comparisons and only show certain things if a roll (raw or calculated) matches requirements.  And players can make their own powercards in their own formats; each player can be different if they want to put in the effort :) I'm just starting to play around with Power Cards. I wonder why you have stayed with 3.6.1 and not adopted the new version? Anything I should be aware of?

Edited 1534297027
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
I REALLY appreciate the examples given for the various scripts GK.  Much appreciated.   
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
G G: I stayed with Powercards v3.6.1 primarily because I have access to Sky for help if I need it and code-tweaks if I need those. Vince: You're welcome.  It is what the OP asked for, soooo... :)
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
GenKitty said: New to me Roll20AM v2.10 -- This is quickly becoming a new favorite.  I can set up a macro to start multiple tracks playing plus a playlist, all looping, all appropriately looping (as in the playlist loops the list instead of each song looping while the single tracks outside the playlist loop themselves).  Massively important to me and the creation of my soundscapes :) How are you doing this?  Soundscapes?  I'd love to hear more detail on this.  
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
I have a macro with the following lines !roll20AM --audio,play,nomenu|Effects.Rain !roll20AM --audio,play,nomenu|Effects.TownNoises !roll20AM --audio,play,nomenu|Town-Seq The first two items are single tracks, set to loop.  The third item is a playlist, the playlist set to loop.  The rain loops, the town noises loop, the playlist loops.  I don't know what else to say?  This was my proof of concept to make sure R20AM would work for my needs and it does.
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
GenKitty said: G G: I stayed with Powercards v3.6.1 primarily because I have access to Sky for help if I need it and code-tweaks if I need those. Vince: You're welcome.  It is what the OP asked for, soooo... :) This is the version I use also... mainly because it does everything I need and is in no danger of breaking my ~4000 powercards (mainly spells lol) with future changes. If I were new and running a non-5E game I'd likely use the latest version and learn that along with all it's new bells and whistles :)
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Victor B. said: GenKitty said: New to me Roll20AM v2.10 -- This is quickly becoming a new favorite.  I can set up a macro to start multiple tracks playing plus a playlist, all looping, all appropriately looping (as in the playlist loops the list instead of each song looping while the single tracks outside the playlist loop themselves).  Massively important to me and the creation of my soundscapes :) How are you doing this?  Soundscapes?  I'd love to hear more detail on this.   yep, part of the original purpose of Roll20AM.
GenKitty said: G G: I stayed with Powercards v3.6.1 primarily because I have access to Sky for help if I need it and code-tweaks if I need those. Vince: You're welcome.  It is what the OP asked for, soooo... :) It is and thank you for adding them. Adding actual use examples helps me figure out which might be of use for me. Just writing the name of a script helps too, but I need to go look for it and hope that the scripts OP or readme explains what it does, not just from tecnical point of view but also from the user's point of view.
I would like to interject my 2 cents here concerning audio. I use a lot of audio in my games. From music to sound effects etc. With that being said, if you want to put a higher priority on audio then you currently are, you guys should look into using voice meeter program for your games. This allows the funneling of channels of audio into 1 output (a mixer). With this, I have a soundboard (monster sounds, weapon hits, spell attacks, etc) music and my mic. Initial setup requires more time but after that all I do is log in load up whatever I'm using for audio and I'm good to go. I don't have to use scripts, set up macros. However, I can see the benefit and cons to both processes. Just trying to offer another suggestion. 
Bob said: I would like to interject my 2 cents here concerning audio. I use a lot of audio in my games. From music to sound effects etc. With that being said, if you want to put a higher priority on audio then you currently are, you guys should look into using voice meeter program for your games. This allows the funneling of channels of audio into 1 output (a mixer). With this, I have a soundboard (monster sounds, weapon hits, spell attacks, etc) music and my mic. Initial setup requires more time but after that all I do is log in load up whatever I'm using for audio and I'm good to go. I don't have to use scripts, set up macros. However, I can see the benefit and cons to both processes. Just trying to offer another suggestion.  I personally use outside Roll20 audio service for background music, sounds and effects.