Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Anyone have a 5e concentration macro they'd like to share?

Edited 1534390826
See topic title. Thanks in advance! Sorry... The 5e ogl sheet!
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Not a macro, so much as a script, but since you are a pro user, here is the one I use , by Three of Swords. I've modified my copy to output for the Shaped Sheet, but the original I linked is more generic. Just change the text in the "sendChat" line if you want to modify the output. Put the "overdrive" status on any token. Whenever it takes damage, a Concentration check is posted to the chat.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
For anyone reading this thread who uses the Shaped sheet, here is my output line: sendChat("TokenDamage", "/w gm @{Macros|output_option} &{template:5e-shaped} {{character_name=@{Macros|character_name}}} @{Macros|show_character_name} {{title=Concentration Check}} {{action=1}} @{Macros|hide_gm_info} {{@{Macros|shaped_d20}=1}} {{saving_throw_vs_ability=CONSTITUTION}} {{saving_throw_dc=" +final_conc_DC + "}} {{has_saving_throw_damage=0}} {{has_saving_throw_damage=0}}}} "); }

Edited 1534402801
Ooohhhh... Me likey... And thanks Keith, I think you're a pro user too *finger guns* Does that calculate the DC? Or does it just post a message saying make a con check? Wait NVM... Just looked at the code closer. That's awesome! Just have to switch it to the stop watch
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Yeah, it's a workhorse for me, and really made concentration dead simple, instead of "that thing you always forget". The shaped sheet puts the link right in chat for the GM or PC to click, figuring from their Con modifier.
Nice! Im at work but I was going to tinker with it see if I could automate it all. 
I use the script here:&nbsp; <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Script:Concentration" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Script:Concentration</a> In combination with the 5e OLG sheet, it will automatically figure out the DC check and roll and then either stop, or continue concentration - If anyone reports damage to the token that is currently concentrating. #FingerGunsToo
These are both great scripts! Problems tho :( Keith - Your script doesn't seem to be doing the calc for a damage DC that would be greater than 10. Both - Neither seems to respect the changes made by Alter Bars *sigh* Too bad bc Alterbars is amazing for letting me Players apply dmg to the NPCs and taking that extra workload off me.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Odd, it works for me. If I give a token 22 points of damage, it asks for a DC 11 Con check.
nvm Keith it works.. seems I failed MY concentration and forgot the formula for getting the DC lol