Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Shortcut for Setting the "Players" Map

I've searched but I can't find an answer. Is there a keystroke or something for setting a map to be the "players" map when you are the GM? I keep running into the situation when I have three or four pages of maps between the map I have my players on and the map I want to take my players to and I have to drop them on one or two intermediary maps before I get them to their destination as I'm paging through my selections. I guess I could archive stuff, but it would be handy to have a keystroke for when I'm still working with the other maps during my prep and not finished with them yet.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
That is a great idea, but such does not currently exist.  There are a few common ways of solving this: 1) Drag the maps into an order where you can move the players ribbon without needing to traverse too far.  2) Use the mouse wheel to scroll the page list while holding the players ribbon. 3) Use a Stylus style to make the page list large and multi-line. 4) Use an API script to set where the players ribbon is.
2 doesn't work for me. Can you tell me more about 3 and 4? I don't know what a Stylus style is, and I'd be VERY interested in such an API. In other words, I'm very interested in your philosophy and I'd like to subscribe to your newsletter. :)
Oh, I figured out how to do 2.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Yeah, 2 is kind of browser dependent. Sometimes you have to hold shift or alt or some such to get it to work.&nbsp; Stylus is a browser extension that injects CSS into known pages for you: Chrome:&nbsp; <a href="https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/stylus/clngdbkpkpeebahjckkjfobafhncgmne?hl=en" rel="nofollow">https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/stylus/clngdbkpkpeebahjckkjfobafhncgmne?hl=en</a> Firefox:&nbsp; <a href="https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/styl-us/" rel="nofollow">https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/styl-us/</a> It's a replacement for the Stylish plugin, which was doing bad things with your data.&nbsp; I'll have to dig up the relevant CSS (or hope that Keith or someone else comes by with it).&nbsp; If that's a route you want to go, I'll find you what you need. =D There are a few API scripts that will move people.&nbsp; PageNavigator is one, I'm spacing on what the other one is.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Hi Robert, I'm the author of Page Navigator, the other page navigation script is MapChange by WhiteWolves. While several of Page Navigator's features centered around teleporting tokens between pages have broken due to the text editor update (it's on my list of things to fix), the chat commands to move players around still work. You can find the script in the one-click drop down and the explanation of the basic chat commands in the one-click description, as well as a more in depth user's guide in an archived handout once you load it into your game. Feel free to post back if you have any questions, problems, or suggestions. -Scott
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
This code in Stylus will allow your browser to re-interpret the CSS styling of the pages tab. The upshot of this is that instead of one row of pages you could see two or three. Use this code: #page-toolbar { &nbsp; &nbsp; height: 270px; } #page-toolbar .container { &nbsp; &nbsp; height: 270px; &nbsp; &nbsp; white-space: normal } #page-toolbar .height { &nbsp; &nbsp; height: 270px!important } This gives two rows of pages. For every 130 you add to that 270 value, you will add another row of displayed pages. It takes a bit of practice to move them around confidently, since the tab isn't designed for it, but it will double or triple the number of pages viewable at any given time.