Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Sweet Charlotte

So as Doyce pointed out (and Margie confirmed), the discussion around "What should Charlotte take for some moves for her advances?" never happened. Rather than trying to replicate her whole character sheet here (cough), Margie would welcome some ideas from the folk around some not-her-playbook Moves that would ... a. Fit in with her motif. b. Extend what she can do in some meaningful way. (e.g., lot of the Relic stuff parallels her existing moves quite a bit.) c. Make use of her superior Freak and her freakish Superior A couple she spotted that might be of interest: Transformed: I Am Not My Body -- when take a powerful physical blow, roll as if two fewer conditions on 10+ lose control in some terrible way. Newborn: A Mind Of Their Own -- powers temporary evolve/mutate to deal with an obstacle or threat  you couldn't normally deal with, mark a condition I'm assuming she's shying away from Transformed: Be The Monster (intimidate/frighten, but with frightening consequences), though that seems a classic for a ghost ... but that may be similar to something she already has/does, now that I think about her Scary-Librarian face. The Nomad book focuses on Freak; I'll pass that on to her. Any other thoughts (from a strategic vantage I'm not considering) welcome. #Backstory
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
The last I remember of that conversation was "here's a couple interesting playbooks", and I assumed they were going to be looked into. The things that I see Margie doing a lot of with Charlotte are: Calmly interact with other people from a position of power or superiority Investigate or study a phenomenon or person Wield mysterious occult powers at a large scale Is that accurate? Do we want to do more of this, or something new?
She did look at the Relic book, which seems most spot-on overall (albeit a bit more "knight/barbarian out of time"), but (per Margie) seems to parallel a lot of what she already has. I don't recall the other book(s) raised. In talking with her, beyond her mission to close the rifts, and probably do more with Jaycee and Armiger, I get the sense her current impulses are more toward "becoming a real girl" / defining who she is / fitting in and understanding current society.
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
*** Dave H. said: She did look at the Relic book, which seems most spot-on overall (albeit a bit more "knight/barbarian out of time"), but (per Margie) seems to parallel a lot of what she already has. I don't recall the other book(s) raised. In talking with her, beyond her mission to close the rifts, and probably do more with Jaycee and Armiger, I get the sense her current impulses are more toward "becoming a real girl" / defining who she is / fitting in and understanding current society. The Relic and the Nomad were the two playbooks I remember being discussed. Several of their moves look interesting, but yeah, might reinforce what she's already doing. If her Superior is okay, the Star's "Time For a Show" sits at the intersection of "power usage" and "NPC influence". So "fitting into society" is already the Outsider's gig. If I'd seen nothing but how Charlotte was played and the sort of problems she faced, and her solutions to those problems, I might have pegged her as a Nova - someone struggling with a font of power and its best uses. Knowing the moves she has, I feel like she's got good tools to do the things on the current-impulses list. In Good Spirits lets her comfort & support with a good stat, and her Outsider vulnerability-weakness team move is great for encouraging that sort of "how do I fit in" play. Given that, I'd probably suggest literally any of the Nomad moves, but "Watched C-beams Glitter" or "Out of This World" could help the close-the-rifts/Magus/Infinity angle (they feel like two takes on the same move, honestly).
Well, I could see reskinning a couple of moves from other playbooks to show GG adapting to the modern world (in a less otherworldly form)... Just Your Average, Everyday Normal Girl ( adapted from Mild-mannered in the Janus playbook ): When you try to play yourself off as a normal, living teenager to deceive, trick, or slip past someone, roll +Mundane.  On a hit, they buy your facade.  On a 7-9, choose one: you're still under observation you leave something incriminating behind you're forced to make a fool of yourself to sell it On a miss, something spooky gives you away. Ghost Stories  ( Adapted from 21st Century Studies in the Harbinger playbook) : When you assess the situation , you may always ask "what do the ghosts of Halcyon known about this?" even on a miss.  You take +1 ongoing to act on the answers. Not From This Time  ( adapted from Not From Around Here from the Newborn playbook) : When you act clueless, confused, or delighted about something from the modern world to get out of a sticky mundane situation, roll +Freak.  On a hit, you create an opportunity, a distraction, or a plausible excuse. On a 7-9, you also feel completely out of place in this modern world. The GM shifts one of your Labels up and one down. On a miss, no one is fooled, and you’ve put yourself in their crosshairs. What's This Thing (take as is from the Innocent playbook)
Bill G. said: Given that, I'd probably suggest literally any of the Nomad moves, but "Watched C-beams Glitter" or "Out of This World" could help the close-the-rifts/Magus/Infinity angle (they feel like two takes on the same move, honestly). I've had the same thought.  I imagine those moves are going to see a difference when the playbook "officially" comes out.