Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

macros in Mutants & masterminds

how would i write a macro for an aoe damage power to make it a save rather than a to hit
1534878241
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Can you go into more detail?  I don't have and haven't played Mutants & Masterminds, so I don't know the mechanics, but I could still help with the macro side of things.
so you can force enemies like 5e to make dodge saves against AoE damage powers. in my case, I explode and force people near me to make a DC (10+" ranks in that power") on a fail, they make a toughness check against a DC (15+ranks in that power) or are hurt they have it automatically put in a targeted attack (like a firebolt would be used in 5e) but i need a save
1534879934
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Ah, so this is really more of a character sheet specific question?  You want to modify the Roll Template output to include the save?
yeah, sorry im new to Roll20 I want to replace the "to-hit" with a save
1534880897
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
No worries.  So, the screenshot you have there is what you currently have for your power?  That part with {{Result= [[@{die_type}cs>@{crit_rate} + @{bonus} +@{Total_Attack_Mod}]] }}  Is going to be the part you need to replace.  Without knowing the system or the sheet, I can't say precisely what you need to put there, but it will look something like: {{Result= [[@{Some_base_DC} + @{some_power_DC} + @{maybe_something_else}]] DC }} You could even change Result = to be something like Save DC = if you wanted (Since this is actually using the default template).  What the attributes will be will depend on your sheet.  If you have other powers with a save that you can look at, you could probably figure them out, or perhaps your GM can help find them.
thank you for the help, ill see if i can get it working with that
This is the macro I used for Scarlet Mist. She has an area affliction attack rank 11, called drown in blood.  @{Scarlet Mist|who-combat} &{template:default} {{name= Drown in Blood}} {{vs. Dodge = DC [[@{aoe_save_base} + @{drown_in_blood_rank} + @{Scarlet Mist|Total_Effect_Mod}]]}}  {{Passed Save Effect= DC [[@{Cstm_Will_Fort_Save_Base} + ((@{drown_in_blood_rank} + @{Scarlet Mist|Total_Effect_Mod})*.5)]]}} {{Failed Save Effect= DC [[@{Cstm_Will_Fort_Save_Base} + @{drown_in_blood_rank} + @{Scarlet Mist|Total_Effect_Mod}]]}} {{Notes= Close, Progressive Shapeable Area Affliction 11}} This is sort of janky. I couldn't figure out how to use effect_ranks and save_base in my macro so I just made three new attributes in int the attributes & Abilities tab of my character sheet called:  aoe_save_base,  drown_in_blood_rank and  Cstm_Will_Fort_Save_Base. The  Total_Effect_Mod is the value that appears at the bottom of the effect collumn in the part of the character sheet that enter numbers for "Accurate Attack", "All-ou Attack", etc.