Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Can't post new topics in game forum

I'm attempting to make a new post in the forum section of my game, and whenever I do, I get an error message. This is the latest one:  080307756c0744ef9862cae8d046abc3 I'm using Chrome, not sure if it's the latest version but I think it is, and I have Adblock, Video Blocker, ListenOnRepeat and Dropbox for extensions.
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
Have you tried making a post after turning off all of your extensions?
Yes, I turned off all extensions and I still get an error code when trying to post a new topic.
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
I've pinged the Devs, someone will be by to assist :)
Hi Jeremiah, What is the name of the game in which you are trying to post? Does this still happen if you swap over to Firefox and try?
Firefox won't even show my profile or let me make posts even after I sign in, lol!  The name of the game is  Fairy Tail Pathfinder RPG  
Thank you for that info, unfortunately, I was unable to replicate the issue. So I have a few additional questions: Does this happen when you are only making a post, or does it affect replies? Does this only happen in the one game, or does it persist in others? If you open up an incognito window and try that way, does this still occur? Lastly, could you grab a console log capturing when you try to submit the post? Thank you!

Edited 1535320497
Replies aren't affected, it seems.  It happens in all my games, but I'm starting to think it has to do with the size of the Word doc I'm trying to copy. I was able to make a new post, but it only lets me put in a small amount of text. If I try to upload more than a few lines of text, it gives the error message. I can add stuff through editing the post, but it stops saving the edits after a few times, and it won't save an edit more than 1 or 2 lines. Incognito mode has the same issues. Here are two screenshots of the console log when I try to save an edit or make a new topic: 

Edited 1535321004
Just checking in, did the console logs help at all?
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
I have a few questions and a suggestion. Question: Are you copy/pasting or copy/pasting as plain text. Are you creating new post with the copy/pasted text? Can you create a new post by just typing and submitting it (just like you did for this bug post) in your game forum? If you have not pasted as plain text, try it (right click menu or control/shift/v). The reasoning behind this is the fact you are posting here and mentioned you are having problems with the copy/paste of text. There might be some hidden formatting that is preventing you from copy/pasting the text.