Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

How to promote a game on Roll20?

Goat Games
Marketplace Creator
I read rules and posts for a while now. I have a game I created from scratch and I only want to share it with Roll20 people but it seems like the rules prevent me from talking about anything not related to Roll20 in itself or already established modules & games, such as D&D 5E or others. So tell me, how could I speak of my game here without breaking rules and talk about books or material for said game? I host this game for years now but I never had the availability to promote it on this site, which is strange I think, when it is the site on which I want people to notice it the most. My goal is only to have more people interested in it so we could play it, or other people might grab it and play it themselves!
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
You can certainly discuss it at length in a looking for group post, provided you aren't trying to sell it in that LFG post.  I would suggest talking to Roll20 about putting it in the Marketplace, as that would be a great way to promote it and make it easy for people to try out.

Edited 1535028734
Goat Games
Marketplace Creator
Well the most of it is usually available on other sites, so to be fair I would need to make a module and include it in it, but the game is not finished yet, so it would be kinda gross to make people pay for it when it's not even done. I guess il have to wait for a long while then. It is just weird to be unable to talk about it on a site designed to play that kind of stuff, but I guess its the site's right to do so.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Sounds like the LFG post is your way forward then.   The moratorium on non-Roll20 relevant discussions is a reaction to the way the Off-Topic forum that used to exist constantly descended into flame wars and other madness.  I liken it to "you wouldn't go to the Microsoft Word forum to discuss the relative merits of the Oxford Comma."
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
The Aaron said: Sounds like the LFG post is your way forward then.   The moratorium on non-Roll20 relevant discussions is a reaction to the way the Off-Topic forum that used to exist constantly descended into flame wars and other madness.  I liken it to "you wouldn't go to the Microsoft Word forum to discuss the relative merits of the Oxford Comma." The Aaron...don't succumb to tyranny...save ink, pixels and paper—don't use the Oxford comma... LOL
Hi Charly Bellavance, New game systems are always fun! While I cannot provide a comprehensive list of how to promote your content or anything, typically the more content available, the better. If you would like, you can email us at <a href="mailto:Team@Roll20.net" rel="nofollow">Team@Roll20.net</a> so that we can discuss things in more detail. Thanks!
Goat Games
Marketplace Creator
I do plan to make actual modules and multiple books for my new system, so yes I would love to contact you when the time arises.
Gold
Forum Champion
I'm interested when you get ready for a playtest, Charly. Put it in the LFG system and list it under "Other Games".