Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Player Tokens not all loading for Rise of Tiamat - Neronvain’s Stronghold

Edited 1535135466
Ross
Pro
Hello, During tonight's regular weekly game session, my party arrived at this map location.  I cut/pasted their tokens as I've done numerous times before without issue, however, tonight four out of 5 players couldn't see or move their tokens.   I as a DM had no issues with the map or seeing/moving tokens etc  Only four of my players did.   I tried removing them and reloading them directly from their character sheets to the same issue.  Then I tried resetting them from the different token / map layers.  Tried moving them to the Front, with the map to the back.. still no luck.   I reconnected the server, logged out/in etc.  No avail whatsoever. I ended up cancelling tonight's session an hour into it.   Since this map has a big tactical encounter where they're at, I couldn't risk just tpking them without giving them a chance.  So I'd like to know what's going on. My browser : Google Chrome, although, my players tried Google and Firefox without any change to those having the issue. Version:  Version 68.0.3440.106 (Official Build) (64-bit) OS: Windows 10 with latest patches/updates Antivirus : Norton Security Suite
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Couple of things to check off the bat. You mentioned moving them to the front and the map to the back and "resetting them from the different token / map layers". The tokens were definitely on the Objects/Tokens layer? The map layer is always behind the token layer. There wasn't a large token or piece of art with significant transparent space perhaps covering them? Finally, you say you tried pulling fresh copies "directly from their character sheets". Does this mean you dragged fresh tokens from their journal entries in the Journals tab? Did you verify that the non-functioning tokens were indeed linked to the character sheets in question, and that the character sheets gave their respective players permission to control them? There are a host of things that could be the problem here, and it's unlikely to be due to your browser or settings on your computer, particularly if one player could control their character and the others couldn't. Let me know if any of these things could be a possibility and we can work from there.

Edited 1535135451
Ross
Pro
keithcurtis said: >Couple of things to check off the bat. You mentioned moving them to the front and the map to the back and "resetting them from the different >token / map layers". The tokens were definitely on the Objects/Tokens layer? Yes, they are all on the Objects/Token layer and I can interact with all of them.  The one player who could see and interact with his token saw them as well.  The other four saw all the tokens behind the map, but couldn't interact with their specific token.  I double checked everyone's settings multiple times and even deleted them and pulled them directly from their pc sheets in the journal.  This literally has never happened before and I've been using Roll d20 for years.  >The map layer is always behind the token layer. There wasn't a large token or piece of art with significant transparent space perhaps covering >them? The only thing that appeared to be covering them from the four who were having issues, was the huge map itself.  I went to the map layer, moved and put the map back to no avail.   I had Fog of War on, but had revealed the whole area where they were currently.  I was using the simple version of Fog too, not the dynamic lighting or anything. Finally, you say you tried pulling fresh copies "directly from their character sheets". Does this mean you dragged fresh tokens from their journal entries in the Journals tab? Did you verify that the non-functioning tokens were indeed linked to the character sheets in question, and that the character sheets gave their respective players permission to control them? Yes, I pulled tokens from their sheets in the journal tab.  A few of them also did this without issue.  However, once the token appeared on the map it was on another layer for them and they couldn't interact with it, even though I had the map set to Object/Token layer.   I had no trouble interacting with their tokens and again the player who could move his token could see them clearly on the same layer his was on.  Just fyi, this campaign has been ongoing for months, so unless Roll d20 did something to the OGL 5e sheet I use for my game I've not changed any settings on their sheets and their tokens have worked just fine in prior games.   Hopefully this gives you some more insight.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
OK, I'll escalate this, but I'll need you to go through the standard troubleshooting steps (some of which you've already done) so that the Devs have all info needed in order to see what's going on. Could you please carefully work through the first three steps of our guide to  Solving Technical Issues ? Step 1: Make sure to use the right browser Please check if these issues persist when using both Chrome  and  Firefox. Step 2: Ensure that there are no extensions/addons interfering with Roll20 Please disable  all  add-ons/extensions  and  anti-virus programs. Step 3: Clear your cache If none of the above succeeds, please thoroughly work through  Step 4 .  (Don't forget the complete Console Log!)