Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFP][5e] Mik's Curse of Strahd - Tues, Weds/Fri, and Sun

Mik Holmes
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Mik's Curse of Strahd Hey, I'm Mik! I'm starting up a few weekly Curse of Strahd paid campaigns, looking for players of any experience! This will be my fourth runthrough DMing Curse of Strahd, so you can expect a pretty polished campaign! My current games (all using PST) - slots open assume a 4 or 5 player game:&nbsp; Tuesdays, 6-10 PM. 2-3 slots open. Weds or Fridays, 6-10 PM. 2-3 slots open (both players currently in this group can play either day). Weds, Fri, or Sun; time to be determined by players. All slots open.&nbsp; All games should be having a session zero soon, starting full games shortly after that. LFG:&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/127552/miks-curse-of-strahd" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/127552/miks-curse-of-strahd</a> About Me I'm Mik, 29, been playing and DMing tabletop RPGs for over 15 years, including DMing some official D&amp;D and Pathfinder weekly adventure nights in FLGSs. I'm an illustrator by trade, with a few map packs on Roll20's Marketplace right now. My husband and I live in BC, Canada. I try to tailor each game for the group, and I think I'm pretty good at keeping my DM style open to the preferences and needs of a particular group. I want to strike a balance between immersive roleplaying and drama; fun, strategic combat; and a little bit of campy humour - of course, tweaked for the group at hand. I like to think I excel at keeping dramatic pacing, with combat and RP scenarios. My biggest weakness IMO is ad-libbing NPC dialogue, but I've been trying to improve on that. I also like to go above and beyond with handouts (I mean look at this post) If you've ever got comments or suggestions in one of my games, I'm totally open to discuss it privately or in a group.&nbsp; About Curse of Strahd Curse of Strahd is a 5th edition D&amp;D adaption of the award-winning 1983 Ravenloft module for AD&amp;D, written by Tracy and Laura Hickman. In the years since, the original has gained a reputation as one of the greatest Dungeons &amp; Dragons adventures ever.&nbsp; Curse of Strahd uses recurring elements inspired by classic horror literature and gothic fairy tales. The players find themselves drawn into the cursed land of Count Strahd von Zarovich, a terrifying predator hidden behind a romantic, noble veil. Once there, they must contend with the horrors of Barovia – misty forests full of wolves and witches; haunted manors and abandoned castles; grotesque monsters in the shadows; and other creatures that serve Strahd’s evil will.&nbsp; Please note : Curse of Strahd may be considered&nbsp; 18+,&nbsp; though I can tailor this for younger groups . That said,&nbsp; due to its influences, Curse of Strahd includes some unfortunate themes that may be uncomfortable for some players. While care has been taken to interpret and adapt such content, some of these themes may persist. These include violence against children and women; problematic depictions of mental illness, abuse, and addiction; and racial stereotypes often attributed to the real-world Romani people. During the game, if you are at all uncomfortable with any of the book’s content, please speak to me immediately or between sessions.&nbsp; About These Campaigns These games will be run in Roll20 (of course), with voice chat so a headset is strongly encouraged (if Roll20's video/voice functionality isn't working, I'll make a discord server for the group). &nbsp; Campaigns are weekly. From my previous runthroughs, I estimate about 6 months of weekly play to complete. The adventure begins with 1st-level characters, with an introduction that will rapidly bring you to 3rd-level. The adventure should end appx 10th-level, but could extend depend on players. I will be using the official Curse of Strahd module on Roll20, but it will be enhanced with all sorts of extras - handouts, supplements, art, marketplace maps, music and ambience, macros, Roll20 API features, etc. I'm part of the Curse of Strahd reddit's Discord, and have been researching all sorts of ways to improve Curse of Strahd's story and themes. Characters should be made with official material, but I am willing to check out any homebrew or supplemental material! There will be a Session Zero before the first session, so players can discuss character concepts together, weaving backstories with the setting and each other. Paid DMing?! This game will require payment to the Game Master at a rate of $10 USD/session via Paypal, to be paid monthly. Roll20 is not responsible for any payment transactions and cannot enforce any private arrangements. I know paying to play D&amp;D is a controversial subject, so I wanted to explain why I'm doing this. I'm a freelance illustrator, and have been hit with some medical and financial issues. Currently, most of my time is spent working on illustrations from home, leaving me with no real free time. By running paid games, I have the freedom to spend time on hobbies like D&amp;D, while providing some entertainment for others. In addition, the cost helps me cover a Pro campaign subscription, things like the Curse of Strahd module, and extra supplements and Marketplace materials. Life happens, so there's no charge if you need to miss a session, or a week's game falls through. In addition, the first game session will be a trial run at no cost to anyone, so you can see if you enjoy my DMing style and if you enjoy the other players. Even weeks down the line, if you're not enjoying yourself, there's no commitment! I'm just one guy, and I'm not trying to make this more than a casual game. If you have any concerns about this, want to talk to me about different payments, or just want to get more info from me before getting into anything, please feel free to contact me! I asked my previous players to leave a review on my previous LFG thread if they wanted. If you want, you can check them out here:&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/6688910/lfp-5e-miks-curse-of-strahd-weekly-multiple-games-and-timezones-begins-september-paid/?pageforid=6714750#post-6714750" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/6688910/lfp-5e-miks-curse-of-strahd-weekly-multiple-games-and-timezones-begins-september-paid/?pageforid=6714750#post-6714750</a> Interested? Barovia is waiting for heroes. If you've read above and you're interested in playing, please drop me a line in this forum, PM me, or leave a message in the LFG linked above! Please mention your timezone and available days/hours, if possible! If you're hesitant Thanks! Mik
Mik is the bomb!&nbsp; He knows his material and comes prepared to every session.&nbsp; I was in one of his previous Strahd campaigns and it was great.&nbsp; My best experience on Roll20 to date and the only game that ever ran to completion without falling apart.&nbsp; His games are worth every penny.