Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Critical success not working?

Critical success comparisons no longer seem to be working. Commands like "/roll 1d4cs>2" don't show a green box no matter what the result of the roll, and "[[1d4cs>2]]" does, but "[[1d4+1cs>3]]" does not. 
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Aaron said: Critical success comparisons no longer seem to be working. Commands like "/roll 1d4cs>2" don't show a green box no matter what the result of the roll, and "[[1d4cs>2]]" does, but "[[1d4+1cs>3]]" does not.  /roll 1d4cs>2 won't show a colored border because it's not an inline roll.  It should should a green number on crit success. [[1d4+1cs>3]] This appears to work for me. (chrome  69.0.3497.57, win10 )
The first (/roll) example is working for me today as well - it's possible that I just missed the text coloring, since I was looking for the green box that you get with inline rolls. The second inline example, though, isn't working. Your screenshot shows a 5, but in the example a 4 should also be a critical success, and isn't:  If you take the /roll behavior as correct, actually, a 3 should also  be a critical success (because ">" is interpreted as ">="), and isn't. /roll has the same problem with calculations: 
Missing image from last post: 
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
It works for me if written as [[1+1d4cs>3]] Possibly something to do with parsing the die roll for the critical?
That's a good hack, thanks - I tried various forms of grouping around the calculation but none of them worked. This *used* to work - I even have it in some macros that I built months ago - so I think it's a recent bug. 
Though I note that in that command, the ">" is actually behaving as greater-than and not greater-than-or-equal like it does in the /roll command.