Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Can't upload images

Edited 1535347370
I try to upload images to add to my Art Library and the progress bar appears, but never fills at all. I let it sit for at least an hour just now.
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Roll20 supports the following image file types: JPG, PNG, & PDF (upon upload, you'll be asked which page from the PDF will be converted to an image). There is a file size cap for image uploads. If you have a base account, no single image or batch upload can exceed 5MB. For Plus or Pro subscribers, this cap is raised to 10MB. More information found in the art library wiki page . Note: While your image or batch of images might not reach 5/10MB exactly, if the total file size is very close to the cap, the upload may not process. This is because a small percentage of extra bytes is required to process the upload, which can make you hit or exceed the cap.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
What type and what size are the images you are trying to upload?&nbsp; If they are jpg's, make sure they are not using the extension ".jpeg", rename their extension to ".jpg".&nbsp; Make sure the batch upload isn't larger(or even close to...) 10MB.&nbsp; More info: <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Art_Library#Uploading_Art" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Art_Library#Uploading_Art</a>

Edited 1535401910
I didn't realize I could use PDFs themselves. I've been converting everything to PNG/JPG beforehand. Ah, the problem was that these particular files were a bit over a dozen MB. The rest of the files with the same dimensions were all under 5 MB, which is why it didn't occur to me that that would be a problem, since the others worked fine already. I'll go see how I can shrink it. EDIT: Actually, it turns out I completely forgot to resize them... So they weren't &nbsp;actually the same dimensions... I'm failing all around, today. ^^;
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
And now you're an expert.&nbsp; ;-P