Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Dynamic lighting GM cntl-L view not showing other lights

Edited 1535496116
DXWarlock
Sheet Author
API Scripter
This seemed to pop up this weekend (or I just noticed it this weekend). GM Cntl-L view does not show any other light sources other than the token you selected. Players view is unaffected and works as expected, just GM Cntl-L is. Example: This is the normal GM overview. KH-A10 token has 'has sight' The torch is lit with "All players see light" and the guy in top right with the flashlight is also.  This is what Cntl-L gives me: As GM doing Cntl-L on him, I cannot tell he can see the torch, or the other player at all. All it is rendering the light the token I am checking generates. While to him it actually looks correct.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Can you post screen shots of the light settings on the tokens in question? That might help to discern where the problem is coming from.

Edited 1535497103
DXWarlock
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Sure, I know it's the bane of troubleshooters to hear "it worked before" and nothing on my end changed :). But it did work, 2(maybe 3) weeks ago these exact tokens with no changes to them and was showing my cntl-l view correctly. Here is KH-A10s settings: And the torches: I suspect it has something to do with something changed internally? As the player view looks correct. If I set a token to me as player and GM cntl-l its wrong, but I relogin as non-GM player the view I get as player is correct. So something is off, the GMs view and players view don't reflect each other. If it was a token setting it would be off when I'm in as a player also I'd think (IE they would be both wrong, but in the same way).

Edited 1535497119
DXWarlock
Sheet Author
API Scripter
AH HA! Playing around with the sheet settings: Some reason I have to enable "enforce line of sight" for it to work.  With it checked my preview view of what the player sees, and what the player actually sees is now the same. Seems odd, not sure why enforce line of sight off would affect the GMs preview to be different than the actual players..but it does. (I didn't have it on as there isnt any dynamic walls/light blockers on this particular map to need it).