Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFP / Paid / D&D 5E] Storm King's Thunder - Tuesdays 1 PM Central (GMT -5) - Great for European Players - New Players Welcome

Loren the GM
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Looking for Group Listing and Application:&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/102514/d-and-d-5e-storm-kings-thunder-tuesdays-1-pm-central" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/102514/d-and-d-5e-storm-kings-thunder-tuesdays-1-pm-central</a> Our long-standing campaign is looking for one player to join the group due to losing a player! Start at Level 9 and explore the Sword Coast and the North! Currently the party has made friends with a Storm Giant and are exploring an ancient Giant temple deep in the Spine of the World! Current party: Paladin (who we will sadly be losing on the 18th) Barbarian Rogue/Fighter Warlock Ranger/Fighter (likely switching character to either healing Druid or Cleric) Sorcerer Feel the Thunder! Giants have emerged from their strongholds to threaten civilization as never before. Hill giants are stealing all the grain and livestock they can while stone giants have been scouring settlements that have been around forever. Fire giants are press-ganging the smallfolk into the desert, while frost giant longships have been pillaging along the Sword Coast. Even the elusive cloud giants have been witnessed, their wondrous floating cities appearing above Waterdeep and Baldur’s Gate. Where is the storm giant King Hekaton, who is tasked with keeping order among the giants? The humans, dwarves, elves, and other small folk of the Sword Coast will be crushed underfoot from the onslaught of these giant foes. The only chance at survival is for the small folk to work together to investigate this invasion and harness the power of rune magic, the giants’ weapon against their ancient enemy the dragons. The only way the people of Faerun can restore order is to use the giants’ own power against them. Game Information Schedule: Weekly, Tuesdays at 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM CST/CDT (GMT -6) Game Length: ~3 hours per session. Pay to Play: $60 USD/player each month via Paypal (or $20/session, if you prefer to pay per-session). Campaign Setting: Forgotten Realms - Standard 5e Setting Group Size: 6 This is not a PVP game. Actions against other player characters that create inter-party conflict (basically, any action that removes player agency) are not allowed. Roleplay is strongly encouraged, including character voices, developing character backgrounds, etc. Communication Methods: Voice is mandatory. Discord is required for voice and out of game communication. Character Creation Details We are using D&amp;D 5e rules. Character Creation: You can use the Player Handbook, Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide, Volo's Guide to Monsters, and Xanathar's Guide for character creation. I will consider other sources (such as Unearthed Arcana or other adventures) on a case-by-case basis, but would prefer to stick to the published books. No evil characters - in my experience this generally leads to trouble within the group, unless everyone is on board and has discussed from the beginning. I encourage cooperation and a shared sense of adventure in my games. All characters start at level 1. Point Buy or Standard Array of 15,14,13,12,10,8 (for details on these methods, refer to your PHB). Player Expectations: D&amp;D works best when players share mutual respect and trust with each other. Being comfortable at the table is earned by knowing you can trust the players around you. To facilitate that, here are a few expectations I have from my players. I realize this campaign is designed for both new and experienced players, and will work to make sure everyone at the table has a good time, regardless of skill level. I will be on time to games, every week. My weekly participation is vital to the group's progression, safety, and overall enjoyment of the game. I realize that life happens, and am able to communicate on a timely basis anything that may come up to cause me to miss a session (but, seriously, I'm not going to miss any sessions). I will also be gracious to others in the group if they need to miss a session. I will stay engaged while we are playing. I will not be rude or disruptive. I will assume that my character has a reason for adventuring with the others, and will act in general cooperation with them. I have a mic with good sound quality and a stable internet connection. I will download Discord for out-of-game discussion and communication. I will perform character sheet maintenance (such as leveling, etc.) outside of campaign hours. DM Expectations I will be on time to games, every session. I will communicate clearly and in a timely manner any schedule abnormalities or other issues. I respect all players equally. I will be thoroughly prepared for each session. I will be fair in my rulings. I will work to give each character opportunities throughout every session and the longer-term campaign to shine. I will listen to player feedback and tailor the gaming experience to the group's desires. I will provide a high quality collaborative experience which entertains and challenges. About the DM Hi, I'm Loren. My background is in film and television, and I bring storytelling front and center to D&amp;D. I love helping my groups have epic adventures. My DM style tends to be collaborative and inclusive. I like to say "yes" to my players as a means to create exciting, memorable moments. I like to bring characters alive through voices (I'm always happy when I can pull out my Scottish dwarf voice), and I like to use music to set the tone for each scene. To me, the more I can do to emotionally involve my players, the more immersed in the world they will be, making the game better for everyone. Check out my Youtube Channel for Actual Play video to get a sense of what one of my games might be like:&nbsp; <a href="https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3m12ps9Fs5NQvqazp_I3LQ" rel="nofollow">https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3m12ps9Fs5NQvqazp_I3LQ</a> Quotes from Players: I have played some form or another of D&amp;D for 8 years now, and nearly two of those years I’ve known Loren. He is without a doubt the most creative and talented person I’ve had the pleasure of playing with. Not only are his games fun, but the decisions he makes for the characters in the game make sense (and usually lead to an interesting story I feel excited about uncovering). If you like action, suspense, and drama, Loren is your man. - Thomas B. I've played with Loren for over a year and a half. We've gone through a number of WOTC modules. Loren has done a great job of managing the stories but also adding things to it related to our character backgrounds. He comes up with voices and personalities for NPCs which are great; I believe he's been fair in any rulings on gameplay; he's always prepared. I would highly recommend Loren as a DM. - Brad Loren is the best game master that I've had the pleasure to roll with because he puts his players first. For a year and a half, he has been dedicated to my fun, my character's story, and the creation and maintenance of a world that responds realistically and dynamically to every single bat-shit crazy scheme and plot that I throw at him. Loren is a master listener and will work with you to create the fully-realized gaming experience that you clicked on this listing to find. - James Loren Is a great GM. I'm currently in a campaign with him and fully enjoying my time. His stories are well developed, his character voices are great, and he is more than happy to work with the players to make something happen. Give him a chance and you won't be disappointed. - Justin Why Should I Pay? Here are some very good reasons to pay to play in this game: No DM bailing. I'm here for the long haul, and your payment helps make sure of that. I run on-going groups, with one that has been together now for over two years! Committed players. Players who pay are invested in making this work financially. Everyone at the table has some stakes in making this a good experience. Avoid the difficulty of getting into a game. There are tons of players on Roll20, and significantly less DM's. A good DM. Let's face it - even if you get into a game, the quality levels of DM's can have a significant variance. Your payment brings you into a quality game. Quality preparation. Your payment not only helps pay for the session time, but also the preparation I put into the game. That includes stuff like answering your questions outside of game time, and helping develop your character background. High quality Roll20 modules. Your payment also helps me purchase expensive Roll20 modules - like the one you are about to play! This is a beautiful constructed module, with tons of handouts, great maps, and other bells and whistles. If I had to build it all by hand, it would be hundreds of hours of work. Obligatory Roll20 disclaimer:&nbsp; This game will require payment to the Game Master at a rate of $60 USD/player/month via PayPal (or $20 per session if paying by individual session). Roll20 is not responsible for any payment transactions and cannot enforce any private arrangements. How to Apply Please&nbsp; reply on the application discussion on the LFG Listing &nbsp;with the following information: Preferred Race Preferred Class Alignment (no evil) Short backstory idea Experience with D&amp;D Favorite play style (i.e., 50% Roleplay, 20% Exploring, 30% Combat - feel free to explain) Will you be able to make payments and attend weekly? Are you committed to being part of a long campaign? How do you handle (or expect to handle) conflict at the table? Do you have a good internet connection? Do you have a good microphone? Any other questions or concerns? Looking for Group Listing and Application:&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/102514/d-and-d-5e-storm-kings-thunder-tuesdays-1-pm-central" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/102514/d-and-d-5e-storm-kings-thunder-tuesdays-1-pm-central</a>
Loren the GM
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Still looking for 1 player to jump in to this campaign. We are at an excellent spot in the story for a player to jump in.