Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Comics By Request

This actually informed what I did in the Heiress thread a bit (in terms of considering that AEGIS might be aware of our trio of soldiers). Alycia rejects the idea largely for pragmatic reasons, but it's altogether possible she's wrong. After all, they'd hardly inform her that some of her father's loyalists were in Halcyon, for a variety of reasons. 
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
I haven't done too many Ghost Girl comics, mostly because Margie's not as active on forums as other players and hence may not smack me down if I screw up. But I like GG as a character. It feels like she's kind of solitary, though - we posted pics and background for some of her friends, but how often do we see them appearing in speaking roles? Here's one version of events where we meet a particular uh, "confidante".
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
These drew hearty chuckles from the player. 
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
Some people have mixed feelings about the recent Otto shipping .
Keep this up and Alycia's going to start looking for dates for Summer. "Chernikov!" "Yes, Mistress!" "I have an assignment for you that will keep you out of trouble for a while -- if you know what's good for you."
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
The serious and sober part of me knows Summer's just feeling glum about the dance and is manifesting the Guilty and Insecure conditions she currently has. The player-PC gamer part of me says: The plot-happy gamer part of me sees "Alycia's going to start looking for dates for Summer" and says: The crazy Junkrat drama-bomb-riding maniac gamer part of me sees "Chernikov" and says:
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
...and then the player-PC gamer comes back to that shit and says:
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
A followup, with a very important aesop: don't throw away a good thing.
Heh!
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
Summer learns a valuable lesson about the dangers of drinking.
Bill G. said: Summer learns a valuable lesson about the dangers of drinking. A lesson well learned, Summer.  As someone who works in a lab environment, this is exactly why no one drinks anything in or around the lab.
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
(That Nono would leave a volatile experiment laying around in a soda bottle is one of the reasons Leo is terrified of her as a chemistry student, to be fair.)
Bill G. said: (That Nono would leave a volatile experiment laying around in a soda bottle is one of the reasons Leo is terrified of her as a chemistry student, to be fair.) Fair.  But I also say this as a guy with a soda can of dulled xacto blades near me at most times at work (it is the perfect disposal container for them).
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
The assholes continue their program of interfacing with Earth's systems.
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
Awhile back, Mike was talking about not having Sol be the emotionless robot alien type. I'm trying to honor that same spirit in the comics, by having the assholes be doing normal earth things - buying coffee, renting an apartment - but in their own weird and smug way. So far it's been a blast.
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
Probably non-canonical, but I'd allow it for three reasons. It's funny, and I the player would be morbidly curious about where this went, if Summer developed a fandom. Summer wouldn't want Nono to be miserable, if writing fanfic was her thing and she felt shut down. If Nono doesn't write enough fanfic, she's gonna get a Typewriter of the Gods, or access a cursed Tumblr account, or something , that turns anything she writes into reality, and NOBODY wants a supervillain shipping writer with that kind of power.
Bill G. said: If Nono doesn't write enough fanfic, she's gonna get a Typewriter of the Gods, or access a cursed Tumblr account, or something , that turns anything she writes into reality, and NOBODY wants a supervillain shipping writer with that kind of power. I'd read that.
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
The thing is, I actually can think of reasons why an evil doppelganger would force their other self to write fanfic. That said...
Bill G.  said: If Nono doesn't write enough fanfic, she's gonna get a Typewriter of the Gods, or access a cursed Tumblr account, or  something , that turns anything she writes into reality, and NOBODY wants a supervillain shipping writer with that kind of power. Ah! Maybe that's what's happening re: Adam and coin flips!
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
This is terrifying.
Hee!
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
The real reason for relationship tension with these two. I seriously really enjoyed the Harry-A10 scene and the kid's got some legit problems, and is going to have to make some hard choices about his legacy, so kudos to James for making that happen.
"We could call her Rapidy-Andi! OOF!" And, yes, that scene was great.
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
I know that Chin's Great Mission isn't explicitly Marxism, but it's easy for comic purposes to use those phrases as stand-ins, so I do.
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
*** Dave H.  said: Secret identities are a PitA (said every Janus, etc., ever.). Not always a pain for the person with the secret.
Bill G. said: Not always a pain for the person with the secret. Yes. Yes, that is how Alycia would want to react (but probably wouldn't).
Bill G. said: I know that Chin's Great Mission isn't explicitly Marxism, but it's easy for comic purposes to use those phrases as stand-ins, so I do. It bears a passing enough resemblance that it works. :-) (Only side note -- Joa Nyobe is African, from Camaroon.)
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
*** Dave H. said: (Only side note -- Joa Nyobe is African, from Camaroon.) I googled the name and expected as much, but for a one-off joke, I thought it was okay.
Well, just in case it develops into a whole new series of cartoons ... :-) I've actually updated the wiki page with headcanon images. For future reference.  (Also, it was a funny cartoon, as usual, in case I didn't imply that.)
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
How will Agent Alycia escape this dire peril? Find out next week!
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
I feel like this joke has been done before. Good, we're doing it again.
Bill G. said: How will Agent Alycia escape this dire peril? Find out next week! "Back off! I still have my poison tooth!" "Really?!" "No. Dad was a fanatic on dental health. That may have been where he got the 'Doctor' in his name." "That must have been handy." "I guess. He did always take his dental tools in with him when he went to interrogate someone."
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
Heh. (And an improvement in the dialog.) Also... Alycia and Summer go jogging ... hmmmmmm ...
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
Good hmm or bad hmm? :)
Contemplative hmm. :-)
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
Just thinking it provides an additional venue for discussion and/or hi-jinx. Alycia and Summer jog down the street, taking a short-cut through some back alleyways to make it over to their usual stop, a juice bar that Alycia frequents. The guy steps out from behind the dumpster, pistol pointed at them. "Hey, bitches! I want your wallets, your watches, your cell phones, your Qpods, whatever you got on you. Right now. Whatever you got, let me have it." Alycia looks over at Summer. "Oh, please. Let me."
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
<a href="https://cardinalcrowbar.tumblr.com/post/159709042995/if-you-ever-feel-like-youve-done-the-dumbest" rel="nofollow">https://cardinalcrowbar.tumblr.com/post/159709042995/if-you-ever-feel-like-youve-done-the-dumbest</a> is relevant here.
Precisely. I'm sure there's a TV Trope (or three) about that scenario. It's still comedy gold.
*** Dave H. said: Precisely. I'm sure there's a TV Trope (or three) about that scenario. It's still comedy gold. Mugging the Monster
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
Mugging the Mistress
Ah! Crocodile Dundee as the example . "That's not a knife ..." Perfect. Also, I almost want to make that cartoon canonical. And would, if this were really a comedy. LOL-to-the-point-of-wife-saying- Yes?
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
It can be canon if people want, or you can think it over for awhile, or do something else. Glad you enjoyed it though :)
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
The further adventures of Manny the skeleton.
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
Alycia and Summer work out a coping mechanism.
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
As a semi-serious note, consider whether Alycia would actually be interested in this, based on this paragraph from tvtropes : The central concept is that a lone hero undergoes some great tragedy at the hands of an evil far bigger than they are (usually a large organisation with a secret and sinister agenda), but rises to use the technology of the villains against them and as a general force for good. While the interpretation of this theme can vary wildly from year to year, every single Kamen Rider series embodies this in one way or another. Another important theme is that the hero regrets the act of fighting, but is forced to do so for the sake of humanity; this is shown by the iconic "teardrops" coming from the eyes of the helmet.
Bill G. said: Alycia and Summer work out a coping mechanism. That certainly works.. The Kamen Rider paragraph sounds like something that would be up Alycia's alley. She already has parallels there (if one considers her upbringing a great tragedy, her father as an evil . large organization, and the technology the result of her own guided and trained genius.&nbsp; She just doesn't regret the act of fighting. (Yet.)
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
A couple of comics to brighten your day.