Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Programmable Tables Anyone?

First off LOVE THE NEW DICE MECHANICS... and it reminded me of the program I was using before Roll20, that had the dice shapes appearing as the macro was "rolled"... While I won't mention names, it did remind me of the 1 thing I would love Roll20 to eventually have, that this other game had been promising... and that was the ability to create original, programmable tables. For instance, creating a table with 20 possible results, and a macro to create those results in the chat box. Useful for a random item found on a dungeon floor, or in my personal game's use, a location chart for critical hits... (we do a lot of min/maxing on the dmg - it's very bloody) which would speed up our current macro of rolling a combination of dice that has to be read on a chart everyone has to learn. Our DM is the only one that knows it by heart, and even though 20 years at his table has helped us know it better than a new player, we're all getting up there, and sometimes we forget our own results.  A chart process would cure all of that, and look great in game. Click! Macro result - the Eye!!!  Anyway, I can dream...
Your dreams may be answered in the not so distant future :)
The current way to do a table in roll20 is to use the deck system. You can create a custom deck of cards for critical hits and fumbles. Shuffle and draw at random. One of the other GM's I know has scanned in the existing 3.5 critical hit and fumble decks and uses those. But there is nothing stopping you from making your own custom deck using the information from your existing tables. This is of course a lot of work to create images for all the cards and import them. While having decks of cards is great, your creating editable tables is simpler, faster, and more versatile. +1.
ERIC D. FTW !!! Soooo looking forward to whatever you guys create, we've only used roll20 for 6 months, but we can't live without it now... ------------------------ Robert E. wow, duh why didn't I think of that... SOOOOO going to do that as soon as possible today. My group uses an old critical hit chart from an issue of White Dwarf, created for the game Top Secret. It's basically 2 d6 of the same color, and 1 other colored d6, the resulting combos, tells us if we've struck in the hand, weapon, knee, groin, heart, eye, nose, etc... and depending on the method of attack and weapon, our modifiers are sometimes doubled to quintupled! Our combat is UBER bloody and fast. I have done over 1,000 points of damage to a dracolisk with my epic barbarian priest... and the only thing slowing us down is having to remember the location result. This would so solve my problem temporarily. Not to mention, 1 I could make for fumbles...  Thank you so much again...
K This Deck thing does not work. It doesn't allow for multiples in a row, just an infinite amount of cards. So yes I can hit the eye, but I can't hit the eye 4 times in a row... UNLESS, I make a deck with 10 eye cards. Then you would have to calculate some odd ratio of how many times could a person be hit in every location, and that many cards would have to go in the deck of that many locations, alas THAT doesn't work for us, will have to wait on the implementing of original tables... Still, thank you for the suggestion.
You could just shuffle the deck after every draw. I'd like there to be an option to not have a confirmation dialog though each time.
<a href="http://app.roll20.net/forum/post/65883/roll-tables#post-66559" rel="nofollow">http://app.roll20.net/forum/post/65883/roll-tables#post-66559</a> They are testing them out on dev server
Perry T: alas that takes away from the ease I was hoping to create with it. 2 clicks over the macro of 3 dice we use now, isn't any faster, especially if one of us has 16 attacks in 1 round, and we'll need each shot to be in the heart or eye. A clear cut table with repeatable results is what I am looking for... so will wait out till the Devs finish it up.