Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Even Extremely simple worker script not running

I've tried to get a worker script for my custom character sheet working, however, it does not appear to be loading at all.  In true debug form, I have reduced it to the simplest possible use case, and it still does not work.  Here is the complete  character sheet template I am trying to use, and I still do not see the loading message or the message when the sheet opens. <script type="text/worker" > console.log("Causality Sheet Worker 0.1.0.14 Loaded!"); on("sheet:opened",() => { console.log("Event Triggered!"); }); </script> <div class="sheet-character_sheet"> </div>
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Have you looked at other sheetworkers? I don't recall seeing any arrow-thing in any of them like you are using.
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Lambdas are fine in sheet workers. It looks like the extra space before the closing bracket in the first line is throwing off the parser (yes, that's stupid). Remove it and everything will work.

Edited 1536954867
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Nice catch, Jakob.  That's probably a bug on the Roll20 side.  They're probably matching that opening tag with a regular expression that could be a bit more forgiving.
Yeah, changing: <script type="text/worker" > To: <script type="text/worker"> Works.  My guess is that the character sheet parser has a really strict regex.
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The Aaron said: Nice catch, Jakob.  That's probably a bug on the Roll20 side.  They're probably matching that opening tag with a regular expression that could be a bit more forgiving. I was first going through my standard "let's throw this into the CC and see where the syntax error is", then I saw that the syntax was valid, so it was time to get creative :D.
Thanks for the catch everyone! I have submitted a ticket for investigation :)