Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Downloading Custom Tokens

I have designed a ship that I built out of different entities that I found both online and in your free assets page, is there a way for me to download the entire custom ship as it is presently grouped?  The reason why I ask is because it tends to break apart whenever it is moved even though it is grouped together.  I.e. the sails move away of the ship's masts and the cannons that I placed as well as the wheelhouse move from the areas that I placed them on the ship (the ship is the base layer that was created first) whenever the group is moved.  My plan is to make it into a single token that I can place so that it can be used as vehicle if that makes any sense.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
For a pieced together map element, your only real option is a screen capture. This may require you to piece it together outside of Roll20 if it is very large. As a hint on how to manage groups (which I only recently learned myself), the trick is to select the group with a click, and then  click and drag. If you drag with that first selection click, it will only drag one element of the group. A bit counterintuitive, but it does give you the option to move things independently on an ad hoc basis, like to re-aim a ballista token).
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
keithcurtis said: As a hint on how to manage groups (which I only recently learned myself), the trick is to select the group with a click, and then  click and drag. If you drag with that first selection click, it will only drag one element of the group.  This has tripped me up so many times. It's hard to get in the habit of not clicking-and-dragging immediately.

Edited 1536980173
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
G G said: This has tripped me up so many times. It's hard to get in the habit of not clicking-and-dragging immediately. Now that I know  though, I'm going to train my fingers, because it makes the feature so much more useful. I just figured it was borked. I actually added that part to the wiki day before yesterday, simply because though useful, it's not intuitive.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
The other thing to remember is to hold alt when you are dragging the group so that the elements don't re-snap to the grid on drop.

Edited 1537119715
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Doable, but very tricky. Alt-Click to select the group, otherwise the token you clicked on snaps. Then click, drag, and press alt after the drag begins, otherwise you are scrolling.