Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Module making advices?

Goat Games
Marketplace Creator
Hello! I am currently working on a module (my first) for my own, 100% homebrew system I created and recently finished. I would like to have some advice from the old timers here and professionals which might have some good ideas to make things fresh and best for the finest of roll20! Please share any criticism or things people might want or hate so I might make a more learned and smart choice process while creating. My game would be a Sci-Fi cosmic horror game with a CoC feel to it.
Gold
Forum Champion
I would recommend a Splash Page, which is a start page with a nice background or logo on it. This gives people a place to hang out while waiting for the game to get started. Also, use the Jukebox to include some songs, whether it's royalty free songs that exist, or if you happen to be able to record your own music and put it on Fanburst. Looking forward to trying your game and module. Let me know when there's a chance to help with playtesting and debut Twitch YouTube streaming.
Goat Games
Marketplace Creator
once the module is done I plan to host it at launch if possible yes.
Goat Games
Marketplace Creator
I have another question I really need to be answered. How many PDFs can I input into my module? I have a manual of my game and I would have the module adventure detail and stuff for the GM to have. Can I link 2 or only one?
Brian C.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Charly Bellavance said: I have another question I really need to be answered. How many PDFs can I input into my module? I have a manual of my game and I would have the module adventure detail and stuff for the GM to have. Can I link 2 or only one? You only get one PDF, but the usual way to include the PDF information is to include it in the module as handouts organized chapters (and sometimes further into sections). Then the information in the handouts can link to characters, other handouts, the compendium, etc.