Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

4e Card Style dice rolls

Rog
Marketplace Creator
I have seen people do dice rolls that look like the old 4e style power cards. Everything is in a box and neatly broken up and organized. Where would I go to learn how to set these up?
Mik Holmes
Pro
Marketplace Creator
I've never played 4e on Roll20, but I can think of two potential ways. If you're using the 4e character sheet, the built-in templates look fairly robust:&nbsp; <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/DnD4e_Character_Sheet#Roll_Template" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/DnD4e_Character_Sheet#Roll_Template</a> As a pro account, you can also use API scripts to do this.&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/6264588/script-powercards-3-thread-5/?pagenum=1" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/6264588/script-powercards-3-thread-5/?pagenum=1</a> &nbsp;looks pretty good; there is a wiki page on it here:&nbsp; <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Script:PowerCards" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Script:PowerCards</a> Hopefully these can help!
Rog
Marketplace Creator
Thank you for your help. I found what I was looking for but now it's just a question of figuring out exactly how to implement it. I like the default roll template I'm just trying to figure out how to change the color of the main box to green/red/grey ect.

Edited 1537239382
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The default roll template cant be altered in any way, you are stuck with the colour is has. If youre editing a sheet, you can implement your own rolltemplate, and jakob recently posted a great upgrade to the default rolltemplate.
Rog
Marketplace Creator
Would you mind linking me to that?
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
<a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/6792597/" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/6792597/</a>
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Thanks, Vince. If you want even more customisable rolltemplates, it might also be worth looking into the Power Cards API Script.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
If what you saw looked like 4e power cards, it was almost certainly the API script.
Rog
Marketplace Creator
The main thing is I just want to figure out how to change the color of the card from default purple. Like adding a copy of that code into CSS and just changing the color. (if that's how it works)

Edited 1537486717
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
Rog said: The main thing is I just want to figure out how to change the color of the card from default purple. Like adding a copy of that code into CSS and just changing the color. (if that's how it works) Vince linked you to the thread where you can get that if you want.&nbsp; I posted the html and css for the default template at the start of that thread.&nbsp;&nbsp; You can change the color as you desire. However, if you make use of what Jakob posted (the post that Vince linked for you), it is set up for you to add multiple sets of colors and call them as an option in your macro.&nbsp; Jakob also did a good job marking up his code with explanations so that I could see what different things do.&nbsp; I downloaded his code, then created a copy of each to save preserving his comments.&nbsp; Then I edited all the comments out of his code before adding more color options.&nbsp; The last post I made in that template thread was my "brown" color setup.&nbsp; I have 6 colors set in the code, some with dark colors and white lettering in the header, and some light with black lettering in the header.&nbsp; Since all it requires to set the color is a {{color=(enter preset color here)}}, you can set up your macros with different colors for different types of actions or rolls. Before switching to Jakob's, I just did multiple versions of the default template with different labels and colors.&nbsp; So I put a complete html and css of the default that I relabeled as "skills" with a green theme.&nbsp; &amp;{template:skills} would call that template.&nbsp; I had others labeled "attack", "saves", etc.&nbsp; You can certainly do that, since it does work. One thing I would like to add in favor of Jakob's template is the feature of having a description option.&nbsp; If you are writing up a macro for something that needs some text, {{desc=text}} gives you a nice section with each line centered.&nbsp; I have used it a lot for spells.&nbsp; Other than also having a subtitle option, it works like the default template.

Edited 1537488150
Rog
Marketplace Creator
Mk I think I'm close. I have pasted the HTML into the custom sheet's html, and the CSS into the css but when I switch out 'default' (in the macro) what do I put instead? I don't know what I'm looking at.
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
If you look in the css, it is labeled custom. .sheet-rolltemplate-custom { So you call the template with: &amp;{template:custom} Unless you add more, Jakob only included a red and a green theme.&nbsp; A full macro might look like this: &amp;{template:custom} {{color=red}} {{title=Test}} {{subtitle=Test}} {{Attack=[[1d20]]}} {{Damage=[[1d8]]}} {{desc=Text}} If you forget the color, it will be transparent.
Rog
Marketplace Creator
Wow it's working!
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
Great!
Rog
Marketplace Creator
Thank you so much for your help! Before you dissappear into the aether that is the internet how do I add additional colors? Do I have to copy and paste a part of the css and then adjust some things? I'm having such a hard time interpreting what I am looking at when I look at the css

Edited 1537491743
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
This is from his direct copy with notes still included: /* example colors */ .sheet-rolltemplate-custom .sheet-container { /* this is the default color */ --header-bg-color: rgba(112,32,130,1); --header-text-color: #FFF; } .sheet-rolltemplate-custom .sheet-container.sheet-color-red { --header-bg-color: #F00; } .sheet-rolltemplate-custom .sheet-container.sheet-color-green { --header-bg-color: #0F0; --header-text-color: #000; } Basically, the lower 2 parts that start with ".sheet-rolltemplate-custom .sheet-container.sheet-color-" are the parts that you are calling with {{color=red}} or {{color=green}} in the macro.&nbsp; You just choose the color name at the end of that line, put the color codes in for background and text, and you are done. There is probably a good tool for coming up with the color codes like Jakob used.&nbsp; Since I could easily choose whatever color I wanted from the color choosing tool in GIMP, I used rgba for my colors.&nbsp; My color section of the css ended up looking like this. .sheet-rolltemplate-custom .sheet-container.sheet-color-black { --header-bg-color: #OOO; --header-text-color: #FFF; } .sheet-rolltemplate-custom .sheet-container.sheet-color-brown { --header-bg-color: rgba(144,77,10,1); --header-text-color: #FFF; } .sheet-rolltemplate-custom .sheet-container.sheet-color-yellow { --header-bg-color: rgba(230,195,90,1); --header-text-color: #OOO; } .sheet-rolltemplate-custom .sheet-container.sheet-color-grey { --header-bg-color: rgba(187,187,187,1); --header-text-color: #OOO; } .sheet-rolltemplate-custom .sheet-container.sheet-color-blue { --header-bg-color: rgba(6,54,134,1); --header-text-color: #FFF; } .sheet-rolltemplate-custom .sheet-container.sheet-color-red { --header-bg-color: rgba(125,26,26,1); --header-text-color: #FFF; } .sheet-rolltemplate-custom .sheet-container.sheet-color-green { --header-bg-color: rgba(67,128,91,1); --header-text-color: #FFF; } Good luck!