Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

DFRPG/Fate hacks

I'm not a pro user, so just the basics... I want to run a DFRPG game and would like to get any advice people have.  I'm experimenting right now and here's what I've come up with: List of character aspects:  Created a document listing all character aspects.  Set it up as a hand-out for myself that I can keep open during the game Aspect creation:  - I have a 'Scene Aspect' token (controllable by all characters) that I can add and edit the name plate so anyone can create/add scene aspects.  Hidden aspects that can be uncovered can be added to the GM layer or maybe there's a better way. - Maneuvers: I was going to have a temporary aspects token that could be added to the battle map.  I'd use the 'condition' buttons on character tokens to indicate who is affected by the maneuver with a matching 'condition' There's no great way to keep a running list of aspects in a scene...so tokens seemed the best way to go.  I tried using handouts, but they are a pain to edit.  It would be great to figure out who has free tags on aspects but I think we can just remember. I'm going to use hand-outs to track aspects for enemies and organize them based on scenes so I can quickly glance at them.   FPs  I'm wondering if there's a way to use the deck of cards to track aspects or Fate Points...but I don't really know how... Any other advice?
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You can use the deck system to manage fate points. You could make a fate point image, create a deck as an infinite deck and add that image as the card. Then you can deal those to players, and they can discard them as they spend their fate points. Everyone will be able to see how many fate points each other has. Aspects would be trickier, since you'd likely need to make an image for each one, so I'm not sure how you would plan to use the deck system for them. The rest of what you have listed sounds like a decent way to work within the limitations of a free Roll20 account, for Fate.

Edited 1537459166
G G said: You can use the deck system to manage fate points. You could make a fate point image, create a deck as an infinite deck and add that image as the card. Then you can deal those to players, and they can discard them as they spend their fate points. Everyone will be able to see how many fate points each other has. Aspects would be trickier, since you'd likely need to make an image for each one, so I'm not sure how you would plan to use the deck system for them. The rest of what you have listed sounds like a decent way to work within the limitations of a free Roll20 account, for Fate. The Deck works perfectly.  I created 30X30px Fate point tokens which you can see above everyone's names when you deal them out.  You can trade tokens when players compel other player's aspects and the DM can just drag more tokens to any player who accepts a compel.