Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

adding translation tags

GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I have a huge character sheet, almost complete, and I'd like to add translation tags, but it looks like a huge amount of work. Are they are tools you can use to speed this up?
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Not that I'm aware of. There exist code libraries to populate JS with i18n tags, but haven't foind anything related to html(I searched some on the web in general too). There is the Pro-feature to generate the translation.json from you html file when you are done, so when you get that far you have some automation. I can tell that I have started as part of a CS course working on a C program that could automate the simplest bits(two birds with one stone, do the assignment& create something useful). But it will be well over a month before I'd think I have anything even remotely useful, and my first version would only do 50-70% of the job anyway, autogenerating the tags from thr textblcks appearing in the html will be kinda bad most of the time so I havr intention of afterwards work on something that can change the tag nmaes in html if you feed the program an updated translation.json, but that's far in the future. Didn't wanna announce it here before I had anything substantial to show, but might as we'll go out with it. But don't hold your breath.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
how do you autogenerate the tags when done?
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
It's mentiomed in the wiki article, haven't done it myself.