Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Roll20][5e-Shaped (though I doubt it being the sheet)] Performance lag, API fails, and Character Sheet display issues

Edited 1537709380
Detailed description of the problem Character sheet is losing integrity, APIs are not loading - generally speaking - performance of the game was almost totally limited to theater of the mind.  This, differently, occurred in 2 games so far, playing 3rd game in 1 hour.  On Friday, the APIs do not work (despite the restarting of the sandbox).  Also, the character sheets have ended up going blank, and will temporarily let you see them when you hover the mouse over them.  But a lot of the functions have difficulty clicking.  This game is not mine, so more than the player perspective I cannot say.  The character sheet is 5e-shaped, the module is the second part of Tyranny of Dragons. On Saturday, my game (Curse of Strahd using the 5e character sheet), which has been running perfectly, started doing the same thing with the character sheet - going blank, as you hover it will show elements.  Also were having connectivity and voice chat issues. Minimum number of steps to reproduce the problem Using the character sheet and game (Friday), Using the character sheet and trying to stay connected (Saturday) Description of setup Google Chrome -  Version 69.0.3497.100 (Official Build) (64-bit) None Windows 10 Bug Triage Results Please carefully work through to the first three steps of our guide to  Solving Technical Issues : Step 1: Make sure to use the right browser Please check if these issues persist when using both Chrome  and  Firefox. Step 2: Ensure that there are no extensions/addons interfering with Roll20 Please disable  all  add-ons/extensions  and  anti-virus programs. Step 3: Clear your cache If none of the above succeed in resolving the problem, please thoroughly work through  Step 4 .  (Don't forget the complete Console Log!) Supplemental  Information
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi Wolf Thunderspirit, That step 4 would be very important in trying to track down if there is a root cause to your issues. Grab the Console log during a period where you are experiencing the problems you mention, and I'll ping a dev to see if we can't get the problem sorted.
keithcurtis said: Hi Wolf Thunderspirit, That step 4 would be very important in trying to track down if there is a root cause to your issues. Grab the Console log during a period where you are experiencing the problems you mention, and I'll ping a dev to see if we can't get the problem sorted. will do, but another issue I've had is uploading images to server (in this post) - tried to show a capture already, didn't take.
ok - there we go ... finally ...
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi Wolf, Sorry but that is some sort of system report, not a console log. The step 4 link above describes how to get a console log. No graphics necessary, it can be pasted as text and should look more like this: JQMIGRATE: Migrate is installed with logging active, version 3.0.0 v2.js?1537285147:31 JQMIGRATE: 'ready' event is deprecated n @ v2.js?1537285147:31 v2.js?1537285147:31 console.trace n @ v2.js?1537285147:31 v2.js?1537285147:31 JQMIGRATE: jQuery.fn.bind() is deprecated n @ v2.js?1537285147:31 v2.js?1537285147:31 console.trace n @ v2.js?1537285147:31 From the wiki link: A console log is a listing of the activity that Roll20 is doing while you play, so we can spot anything that deviates from the norm. Follow the instructions below to open your log, then just copy and paste everything into your bug report forum post in the&nbsp; Bug Reports section of the forums &nbsp;and we will aid you further. In Google Chrome Use the keyboard shortcut: Command - Option - J (Mac) or Control -Shift -J (Windows/Linux). If that doesn't work, follow these instructions:&nbsp; <a href="https://developers.google.com/chrome-developer-tools/docs/console#opening_the_console" rel="nofollow">https://developers.google.com/chrome-developer-tools/docs/console#opening_the_console</a> In Mozilla Firefox Use the keyboard shortcut: Control-Shift-K (Command-Option-K on the Mac) If that doesn't work, follow these instructions:&nbsp; <a href="https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Tools/Web_Console" rel="nofollow">https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Tools/Web_Console</a>
ok - will do next session/ week that it happens ...