Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Add option for GM to enter as Player

My internet is kind of slow and it takes a really long time to open up & load game. was wondering if there could be an option for GMs so we can automatically log in as player, instead of have to load game then change to player then load again. i started my current game in Roll20 but was never the GM so i constantly have to wait for game to load then switch and wait again.

Edited 1537734897
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Save a bookmark using the url of the "Re-Join as Player" button.
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
If Vince's work around will work for you, just say so and I can move this out of Suggestions to get you your vote back.  If, however, you would like to keep this thread here in hopes of a direct option instead of the world around that is not an issue :)

Edited 1538340640
the work around doesn't work, so i would like a more direct option. thnx
Follow these steps: Launch game. Right-click on "Re-join Game as PC" Choose "Copy Link Address" Paste this address into a new window/tab. Confirm that it works. Create a new bookmark and paste the address from step #3. -Adam
Adam Caramon said: Follow these steps: Launch game. Right-click on "Re-join Game as PC" Choose "Copy Link Address" Paste this address into a new window/tab. Confirm that it works. Create a new bookmark and paste the address from step #3. -Adam I had been having the same issue as Eric, and the steps listed above worked for me.  Thanks Adam! 
The workaround is nice, thanks for posting that!  That said, I think it'd still be nice to see this as an official option.  Being able to set a preferred join option would be nice.
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .