Hello, my name is Evan, and I'm looking for a group for a new character idea of mine that I'd love to test out. I'm a 28 year old player who has DMed a few times before, and I'm quite the writer at heart. I need a compelling world, and a compelling story to flesh out. Simple hack-and-slash bores me, as does 'nebulous adventuring party' stories. It's one thing to have characters start off as mercenaries (Perhaps my favorite character began as a disillusioned mercenary), but if I'm not given a mystery to solve, a challenge to overcome, and a reason to keep pushing the quest forward beyond 'fame and riches', I'll peter out. I want struggle and loss, vengeance and forgiveness, hate and mercy. I love drama, character growth, interparty dialogue and development, and a personal touch to the adventure. I'm large into story and roleplay, but as my character is a fighter (Samurai) there needs to be some combat involved. What's a fighter without a battle from time to time, anyways? I am flexible and fairly willing to adapt to most DM's worlds, and willing to make small compromises in character backstory as is necessary. I have played strictly homebrew worlds, but I wouldn't mind slotting into a pre-made world. I just find DMs who create their own worlds tend to make a place that feels so much more alive. I won't lie, I have high expectations of a DM, but I also am willing to make accommodations and kind of help them out a little bit from time to time. I desire a skilled DM, but I have no intention of making their life difficult. At least for the moment, I am available at just about any day and time besides Tuesdays. If I appeal to any groups as a potential player, please feel free to message me and we can talk more about me joining your world. Thanks very much for your consideration, everyone. I look forward to hearing your responses.