Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

[LFP][5E][Wednesdays at 6pm CST] Looking for players to save my homebrew world!

1538615879

Edited 1538621478
Hello all, my name is Grimwolf and I am looking for players to set my torn apart homebrew world back together again! The setting is one of a world where the gods once walked and molded the world in their hands. Then the world was torn from their hands during a war in heaven after a god sought the dark gods (Demons and devils) for aid and was betrayed. When this happened the wold fell through the shadowfell, hells, and abyss and the world was scorched, burned, flooded, frozen and latched onto by dark forces. From a gameplay standpoint certain areas have been made &nbsp;"safe" but most of the world is quite dangerous. I don't want to go to overboard with lore and whatnot but know that it's more in depth and complicated than just that. This is the world as you know it, and you will start in the city of Lazarus. All base races and many non-standard races are built into the world. I am more than willing to work with you if you want to play any homebrew races or classes but they will need to fit the world and not break the game.&nbsp; What I want from the game I want to run a fun story with my players but I prefer a mostly (Like 80-90%) serious game. The world is gritty and will try to kill you if you let it. I will also give you plenty of tools, options, pets, mounts, allies and magic items to pave your way.&nbsp; What I want from you Keeping in theme I would like my players to have the following things in mind starting the game A good backstory. Please don't tell me "Oh just watch ninja turtles, thats my backstory". I want my players to feel connected to the world and its events. I want to tie that npc who trained you into the narrative. As long as its good i dont care but I highly reccomend the "Knife theory" Version&nbsp; <a href="https://www.reddit.com/r/DnD/comments/775caq/my_friends_and_i_have_something_called_knife/" rel="nofollow">https://www.reddit.com/r/DnD/comments/775caq/my_friends_and_i_have_something_called_knife/</a> Please play Heros to at least some degree. You don't need to be a valiant paladin risking life and limb at every turn but please don't throw up your hands and walk away from a burning orphanage. I will be using Discord for Voice chat, please come prepared with a mic! To be considered: Please fill out this format Are you able to handle mature content such as cursing? (Things such as sex will be fade-to-black, but themes such as rape will not be present in this game) What is your favorite/ most played class and race? What Class and/or race do you plan on playing in this game? What do you want from a GM? If you have any questions feel free to add and message me on&nbsp; discord at&nbsp;DahmonGrimwolf #7779&nbsp; or here on Roll 20! &nbsp;I can't wait to play with you all!
1538618740

Edited 1538619068
Are you able to handle mature content such as cursing? Yes, mature content doesn't bother me. What is your favorite/ most played class and race? Of all the characters I've played, my Orc Cleric was my favourite. Unfortunately our group disbanded so he is lost. I enjoyed this because of the roleplay potential not the practicality as Orc's don't make good casters. I like playing against the grain and dislike playing the game just for the sake of being overly powerful. Weaknesses and flaws build character. What Class and/or race do you play on playing in this game? Depends on what you want to allow. A clockwork Warforged Druid would be quite cool to play. Brought to life by Sylvanna's to serve a higher purpose and instead of organic wild shapes he would basically transform into metallic, clockwork versions. What do you want from a GM? Just someone friendly and keen. A bit about myself I suppose. I've played DnD for about a year and a half and have played in three groups, all of which have now disbanded. I'm 24 years old and am Australian although that won't affect me playing at all since it will be mornings when we play so I have plenty of time to spare. I really like your world, it seems well constructed and seems like it would be fun to play. I especially like that you pointed out how gritty and dangerous the world is. I like consequences in DnD. I like knowing that if I play stupidly then dying is a real possibility. Let me know if you're interested in having me join you.
Are you able to handle mature content such as cursing? No Issues with this at all (Things such as sex will be fade-to-black, but themes such as rape will not be present in this game) What is your favorite/ most played class and race? Since I've been playing for almost a decade it would be either a half-elf ranger or Dwarf cleric What Class and/or race do you play on playing in this game? It would depend on what the group needs. i don't mind being very flexible in order to allow the rest of the group to play exactly what they want and i'm willing to fill. But if i had my choice it would most likely be a Swashbuckler Rogue/ Ranger multi class, or possibly a lore bard.&nbsp; What do you want from a GM? Professional, on time and prepared, can make the game feel important with your actions but also can bring humor into the game to lighten the mood when needed.&nbsp;
Are you able to handle mature content such as cursing? &nbsp;I have the mouth of a sailor, so no worries. What is your favorite/ most played class and race? I get teased for it, but I play a lot of human, elf, and half-elf. I'm willing to generally play anything though, as long as it fits my vision. What Class and/or race do you plan on playing in this game? I have a lot of ideas, but am currently working on a Human Rogue I've gotten into. What do you want from a GM? While I'm not going to ask for perfection, someone able to weave a good story and be willing to make the characters really matter in that story is what I'm looking for (also someone who doesn't whine because I make optimized characters for the things I want to do... I've had people like that).
Greetings, I go by moon Are you able to handle mature content such as cursing? Yes I would be able to What is your favorite/ most played class and race? High elf rogue&nbsp; What Class and/or race do you plan on playing in this game? I was thinking of playing a druid in this game, either a V human or if you'll allow a ghostwise halfling What do you want from a GM? Someone to guide us through a good story that is prepared. my discord is themoonlightshadow13#7090
Are you able to handle mature content such as cursing?: This is not a problem for me at all. I'm a paramedic, you can't throw anything at me I haven't already seen. xD What is your favorite/ most played class and race?: Favorite Race is simple, I'm a patron of those boring humans. All my characters have always been humans, save for my first one....who was so cringey that may be why I play only humans now. xD As for class, that is a toss-up, either between warriors or spellcasters. I do tend to lean a little in the direction of warriors, as long as I am given at least a little more opportunity to do more than 'hit the slimy thing over there'. What Class and/or race do you plan on playing in this game?: &nbsp;I have a human samurai that I have been wanting to test out and I'm eager to get the chance to do so. What do you want from a GM?: Really, I admit, I have fairly high expectations of a GM. In my opinion, a GM is an active participant in the game, crafting vicious villains, tragic encounters, and vivid worlds. I'm a writer at heart. I want a good story. I look forward to hearing from you. Thank you for your time.
Are you able to handle mature content such as cursing?: not a problem What is your favorite/ most played class and race?: My favorite race are the Dwarfs. I love the concept of grand underground cities. Not to mention they are often known for being stubborn and hardy, which fits me well enough. My most played class has been monk, not honestly for any particular reason, just sorta worked out that way. What Class and/or race do you plan on playing in this game?: I would like to play a human wizard. I recently become a GM, which i have thoroughly enjoyed. However there was a concept for a NPC that i came up with, which i fell in love with, so i am looking to find a game where i can play him. The character in question, a human orphan who was able to get work as a servant for a wizard in his home town. He betrayed the wizard, killing him and squatting in the wizards house, studying from his vast library, learning the secrets of the arcane arts. He regrets his actions now and wants to make up for his selfishness by giving back. What do you want from a GM?: I am in it for the story. I would like someone who sets up an exciting story and world for us to explore together. I do however prefer a GM we can work with. Where it is not simply the party following the prepared path, but where we figure it our together. I also prefer a GM who values and rewards creativity and creative solutions, as opposed to simply hitting things till they die and moving onto the next encounter. Hopefully we would work well together, i am excited to get back into playing again. Regardless have a good weekend and a good campaign!
Are you able to handle mature content such as cursing? &nbsp;Yeah I'm able to handle cursing and other mature themes What is your favorite/ most played class and race?&nbsp; &nbsp;I usually play warriors so you could say that's my favorite class, as for race, humans all the way man. What Class and/or race do you plan on playing in this game? &nbsp;For race I'll probably play a human or a tiefling. I haven't decided on a class yet, but I really want to do something more magic based. What do you want from a GM? &nbsp;I want a GM who respects they're players and can offer an intriguing story with interesting npcs. I want my party's actions to have weight in them. I want a lot of things from a gm, but I think they're pretty basic, so I'll just leave it like this, I want the GM to have fun, cause if they're having fun that means we'll have fun too.
Are you able to handle mature content such as cursing? Yes, I'm 29 and I tend to curse a lot more than I'd like to admit. Not like a sailor, but yeah... What is your favorite/ most played class and race? My favorite race is the tiefling, but I don't really have a preferred class. I haven't played in a lot of games, but the ones I've played I've been a rogue, a cleric (kenku&nbsp;in this case), and a ranger. What Class and/or race do you plan on playing in this game?&nbsp; I'm thinking about playing a bard halfling or perhaps a human cleric. Maybe I can revive my kenku&nbsp;cleric. Maybe I'll go crazy and do a homebrew that will work for your campaign. What do you want from a GM?&nbsp; I want story, I want to get involved and have a DM whose as involved as I am. I want to find a game that doesn't fizzle out, a game that goes on for a long time. I'm very dedicated and I want to find a place to put that energy. I want a long game that runs into the epic levels.&nbsp; tfwfangirlsatk #9748