Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Colored Text

Would it be a big deal to add /red or /green to the text chat? Perhaps even simple BBCODE features? It would really allow the players and the DM the ability separate their text from rolls and regular chatter. OOC would be especially useful.
I would say a more integrated text in general.  Not everyone can use the voice chat so it's great to express speech patterns and etc., by having the ability to really express some parts of a phrase or even put some more emphasis on certain parts, you know? Cough, bold and italics wouldn't hurt.
I definitely agree with you there!!
Fourthed I think! Would be good to add some finesse to the chatlog.
+1
+1. We really need bold and italics at the least — it should be pretty easy to implement, right?
This, very much of this. I'm fan of preventing chats falling into bland wall of text and making it easier to see emphasis where due. That way finding the small bits of information is faster and keeps the game moving more fluently. Now if some are afraid of rainbow hued chats, make a house rule to use just black ;) but shouldn't hurt to get the option for the rest. I mean if anything DM (or is the pedantic term GM in this site?) at the very least should have an option to emphasize text so that if an area or relevant information is said, it's a LOT faster to scan through the emphasized contents rather than read back everything trying to find it while keeping every other player waiting.