Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Create Custom Sets of Status Icons for Tokens

+1
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
+1
+1
These are all great ideas. I've never voted for anything here but I'm guessing "+1" is a vote? Do I get a vote if I'm using the free version? I would love to be able to use the status icons to indicate things like flight/climb height, or have confusion ticking down as turns pass (I usually lose count). We have spent a lot of time guessing what some of the current icons are for and have, more or less randomly, assigned a status to the ones we use just to keep the game going. 
Gold
Forum Champion
Tanya M. said: These are all great ideas. I've never voted for anything here but I'm guessing "+1" is a vote? Do I get a vote if I'm using the free version? I would love to be able to use the status icons to indicate things like flight/climb height, or have confusion ticking down as turns pass (I usually lose count). We have spent a lot of time guessing what some of the current icons are for and have, more or less randomly, assigned a status to the ones we use just to keep the game going.&nbsp; Hi Tanya. Wiki instructions for Suggestions Forum Voting, <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Forum_Voting" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Forum_Voting</a> For indicating flight/height, in the current status-icon system, try using the Number-Over method. &nbsp;You can put digits 1-9 over one of the status icons such as, for example, a Blue Circle with the number "3" on it to indicate flying at 30 feet, or 3rd flight of stairs. Wiki docs for this, <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Token_Features#Status_Indi" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Token_Features#Status_Indi</a>...
+1
+1
+1 I would love to see this implimented
Me too.
+1 This is a great idea.&nbsp; Also another opportunity for micro-purchases...
I would still love to be able to assign text to them so when you mouse over them or click on the icon a tool tip appears..
+1
Also being able to add a number higher that 9 on them would be pretty keen
+1
+1 Absolutely love this idea
I was about to make this suggestion myself.&nbsp; At the very least, the selection of tokens could be expanded upon greatly, if custom options aren't possible.&nbsp; Also, one thing I think would be great would to be able to mark a status icon with a value greater than 9.&nbsp; I run a Pathfinder campaign and I use the colored dots to indicate energy resistance of some kind.&nbsp; It would be great to have higher values in them so I could accurately mark said resistance at 10, 15, 20, 25 and so on, as needed.&nbsp; I'm loving the changes that you guys are rolling out so far and I would be ecstatic at having a custom option for status markers!&nbsp; Thanks so much!

Edited 1490470981
+1 Would love to use the same Baldur's Gate tokens I used with Maptools:
+1
I would appreciate this as well. Having a hard time picking icons that make sense for common status effects.
I'm all for this on the condtion it is implemented as as free account feature.
+1 The current set of status icons seem to contain a whole lot of stuff I'll never use and to be missing what I'd consider pretty basic things.
I think we all would like to see options here. Possibly even something like bundles by game system, along with API methods for community-driven token status creation. Considering the SRD/compendium integration with D&D 5E and Pathfinder, this ought to get queued up for those systems soon. Pretty please? +1
Ada L.
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I've recently updated my Custom Status Markers API script. <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/5008114/script-c" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/5008114/script-c</a>... If there are other new features ya'll are looking for, I can see about implementing them in (if it is possible with the API).
common status ailments at least for d&d 3.5, pathfinder and 5e are more or less the same and there are about 9 main ones i think
Jedd
KS Backer
Marketplace Creator
+1
Stephen L. said: I've recently updated my Custom Status Markers API script. <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/5008114/script-c" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/5008114/script-c</a>... If there are other new features ya'll are looking for, I can see about implementing them in (if it is possible with the API). I'd still like a direct method to insert/remove status markers. That said, I've played with your Custom Status Markers 3.0 API, and I found it to be quite workable. Thanks for putting it together, sir! Your interface in the chat window allows for "normalization" of status markers, which is quite handy.
+1
+1
This would be a great QOL improvement for DMing. +1
We intend to get to this, but aren't certain of a timeline.
Keith
Pro
Marketplace Creator
As an aside, this would be an interesting thing for marketplace creators to be able to sell as add ons
Any updates on this?
+1
The more I work with roll20 and the deeper I get, the more I think this would be a good idea.&nbsp;&nbsp;
+1
+1 still waiting... still paying
+1 I don't know if I can (or should) vote more than once, but I last voted over 1 year ago.
+1
+1
Coryphon
Pro
Sheet Author
+1
Kenton
Forum Champion
Translator
The Roll20 team has researched a system for custom status icons. This feature is dependent on further development on the character sheet system, and work on the way the tabletop is rendered in the browser. These updates may be released together, but it is more likely you'll see the other updates before custom icons are released. We expect the custom icons update to include uploading and managing your own icons, and creating sets of icons that can be assigned to one or more games.
Kenton
Forum Champion
Translator
The current release schedule is delivering updates to the systems that these status icons will rely on. The My Audio management tool that is being released this week uses the user interface we have planned for managing custom status icon sets. As we chip away at the lingering issues with Charactermancer Level Up, we will be able to schedule this enhancement later in the year.
If this is in development, how is it that there are marketplace sellers with "custom status icons" listed for sale?
Kenton
Forum Champion
Translator
Chris S. said: If this is in development, how is it that there are marketplace sellers with "custom status icons" listed for sale? To be specific, this is not yet in development. This Suggestion is Obstructed . But you question still stands. Marketplace Creators have been creating content for use like any other image on the VTT. Specifically, what we want to build for this request is a specific system that would let Game Owners create a set of Status Icons to use with the status icon menu in the VTT.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Chris S. said: If this is in development, how is it that there are marketplace sellers with "custom status icons" listed for sale? There is an API script that hacks custom status icons into place near tokens. It does not replace the existing ones so far as I know, just a method of attaching a graphic tag to a token. The offerings on the marketplace could use that. In fact, this one is by the author of the script in question.
Kenton
Forum Champion
Translator
Our organization and portability interface continues to be overhauled with enhancements to the VTT from Get a New Look update , as well My Audio the early-released part of the Bring Your Own Beat update. The latter brings an important piece to making Custom Status Icons possible. Look for and expected timeline to be announced towards Summer 2019.
+1
Kenton
Forum Champion
Translator
The Bring Your Own Beat update was added to the Development Server &nbsp;(Pro link) yesterday for testing. This includes a new way to manage, organize, and use assets across games. Audio files and Playlists can be created in game or with the manage audio modal. We expect that there will also be a tool that exists outside of the Virtual Table Top to upload audio files, create and manage Playlists, and copy them into your games. This same pattern is what we expect to use to manage libraries of custom status icons. Anyone with a Pro subscription, please take a look at the new tools and let me know your thoughts. Thanks!
Great idea. +1 Too many existing status icons and without any tool tips on what they are meant to be, I can't make out what they are supposed to be, other than the Net (entangled?) and the one that looks like a burka I use for blinded. Please implement this with tool tips!
Kenton
Forum Champion
Translator
Our most recent update, Bring Your Own Beat , is live and available to all users. As mentioned in my last note, we implemented new tool that we expect to use with Custom Status Icons. Manage Audio is a tool we've created to help create, organize, and move assets between games. We thought about Playlists in much the same way we've been thinking about Status Icons - there will be groups that make sense in particular games. Like importing a playlist into a game, we are plan on using similar functionality to make Status Icons manageable through an external tool. I'd love to hear your thoughts and opinions on the Manage Audio tool, as well as how it might work with Custom Status Icons.