Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

[LFP][5E][Wednesdays at 6pm CST] Looking for players to save my homebrew world! 1 SPOT LEFT OPEN!

I ad a dropout from my last game post and i've got a slot for one more dedicated player! Let me know ASAP so I can get you in the game! Hello all, my name is Grimwolf and I am looking for players to set my torn apart homebrew world back together again! The setting is one of a world where the gods once walked and molded the world in their hands. Then the world was torn from their hands during a war in heaven after a god sought the dark gods (Demons and devils) for aid and was betrayed. When this happened the wold fell through the shadowfell, hells, and abyss and the world was scorched, burned, flooded, frozen and latched onto by dark forces. From a gameplay standpoint certain areas have been made &nbsp;"safe" but most of the world is quite dangerous. I don't want to go to overboard with lore and whatnot but know that it's more in depth and complicated than just that. This is the world as you know it, and you will start in the city of Lazarus. All base races and many non-standard races are built into the world. I am more than willing to work with you if you want to play any homebrew races or classes but they will need to fit the world and not break the game.&nbsp; What I want from the game I want to run a fun story with my players but I prefer a mostly (Like 80-90%) serious game. The world is gritty and will try to kill you if you let it. I will also give you plenty of tools, options, pets, mounts, allies and magic items to pave your way.&nbsp; What I want from you Keeping in theme I would like my players to have the following things in mind starting the game A good backstory. Please don't tell me "Oh just watch ninja turtles, thats my backstory". I want my players to feel connected to the world and its events. I want to tie that npc who trained you into the narrative. As long as its good i dont care but I highly reccomend the "Knife theory" Version&nbsp; <a href="https://www.reddit.com/r/DnD/comments/775caq/my_friends_and_i_have_something_called_knife/" rel="nofollow">https://www.reddit.com/r/DnD/comments/775caq/my_friends_and_i_have_something_called_knife/</a> Please play Heros to at least some degree. You don't need to be a valiant paladin risking life and limb at every turn but please don't throw up your hands and walk away from a burning orphanage. I will be using Discord for Voice chat, please come prepared with a mic! To be considered: Please fill out this format Are you able to handle mature content such as cursing? (Things such as sex will be fade-to-black, but themes such as rape will not be present in this game) What is your favorite/ most played class and race? What Class and/or race do you plan on playing in this game? What do you want from a GM? If you have any questions feel free to add and message me on&nbsp; discord at&nbsp;DahmonGrimwolf #7779&nbsp; or here on Roll 20! &nbsp;I can't wait to play with you all!
This sounds interesting and I would like to help sew your world back together.&nbsp; I am able to handle bad words, and mature content My most played is Elf Ranger As for class / race I plan to play? I tend to look at the group and see what is missing, and do what I can to fill that crack From my GM I would like a challenge. Carebear GM's who let players get away with everything isn't my play style. I also like it when the GM rolls for all to see. Too many times have I seen GM's roll where only they can see it, and it always ends up being "I hit when I say I hit, and my rolls are just for show" and to me that's ... a line I hate seeing crossed. I would love to sit down on Discord and talk more, if you think I will be a good fit.
I am able to handle mature content, but my character will likely abstain while poking fun at it. My most played character is a tabaxi cleric. The character I intend to play is a chaotic good female&nbsp;tabaxi&nbsp;swashbuckler. I'll put more levels into bard&nbsp;if the group lacks a healer. I am looking for a GM that allows players a chance to RP and steer the story on their own rather than having it shoved down their throats. Additionally, I'm hoping to find a GM that gives players toys and gadgets to play with during their downtime, as well as rewarding creative thinking in problem-solving and combat alike. I have experience DM'ing, and I spend about 2 hours a week trying to give my players custom toys to keep them busy. I would love to discuss DM'ing styles as well as create magical items for players to tinker with.&nbsp; My discord is Glor#4925 and I'm looking forward to joining in on your campaign :)
Greetings, I go by moon, I posted in the last post and will try again in this one Are you able to handle mature content such as cursing? Yes I am What is your favorite/ most played class and race? My most played class is rogue because it's the one that lasted the longest, and human V as the race of choice What Class and/or race do you plan on playing in this game? I was hoping to play a homebrewed circle of druid V human.&nbsp; ( <a href="https://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Circle_of_Chaos_(5e_Subclass)" rel="nofollow">https://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Circle_of_Chaos_(5e_Subclass)</a>) &nbsp;&nbsp; What do you want from a GM? A reasonable,and fair keeper of the story, even if that means killing off a character when the dice say so my discord is themoonlightshadow13#7090, Hope to enjoy playing with you all
1539188989

Edited 1539190028
This sounds like a great game. I prefer serious games as well. If you still have room I am able to make it tonight. Are you able to handle mature content such as cursing? Yes, but my character will likely abstain. What is your favorite/ most played class and race? Favorite would be high elf wizard, most played would be a gnome barabaian back in pathfinder.&nbsp; What class and/or race do you plan on playing in this game? Warforged Paladin (or mutliclass paladin, warlock, sorcerer if you are allowing it) What do you want from a GM? Primarily a good story teller. Someone that is consistent with rulings and doesn't show favoritism towards one player over another. As a GM myself I understand the need to adjust rulings as you go the above statement is just about favoritism. D&amp;D is a cooperative game, a GM that fosters a culture of cooperation in telling a great story is paramount.&nbsp; In my opinion the the two primary rules of d&amp;d are 1) everyone should have fun 2) what the GM say goes. Discord: duffio987#9316
This sounds like just what I've been looking for! I'm pretty new to D&amp;D but I'm a fast learner and I can get into a character.&nbsp; I've been working on a half-orc chaotic good rogue with an axe to grind with nearly anyone and everyone. He keeps a tough exterior not wanting anyone to get close since he lost his father at a very young age and was forced to fend for himself. He tries to hide his orc blood as best he can and keep a low profile but he desperately wants more than the shallow existence he has made for himself so far. Are you able to handle mature content such as cursing? Sure, I'm a mature adult What is your favorite/ most played class and race? What Class and/or race do you plan on playing in this game? I am willing to play anything but I'd probably play my half-orc roque What do you want from a GM? Someone willing to be flexible and helpful to a new player but challenging