Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Bundles

Will Roll20 have any bundles for 5e material?  For example, Steam has FG 5e essential bundle with Players Handbook, MM, SCA, DMG, VGM, XGE and MTF for $173.33...  Roll20 doesn't discount their adventures as they are all 50 bucks... Any changes in pricing coming down the pipe?  
Dean
Roll20 Team
Hi teak421 and thanks for the great question :) We generally don't offer discounts or sales, be it directly or indirectly through bundles, unless that bundle is offered from the beginning and in no way undercuts anyone by surprise who has already paid the full asking price. We believe good art has value, and this value is worth paying for. Whether it's amazing Wizards content, converted flawlessly and creatively by our internal production team, or our independent artists trying to make a living through the Roll20 service, we feel the culture of discounts creates a zero sum game in a race for the cheapest price that hurts the very same creators we are trying to empower. Personally and professionally I believe the vast majority of the content on Roll20 is priced to reflect its fair value. Thanks for understanding and feel free shoot any other questions our way!
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I know I've said this before, but as a freelance artist in the RPG industry, I applaud this attitude. RPG work is some of the most niche-level work you can get, and devaluing it makes it very hard to make a living.
keithcurtis said: I know I've said this before, but as a freelance artist in the RPG industry, I applaud this attitude. RPG work is some of the most niche-level work you can get, and devaluing it makes it very hard to make a living. Making a living is important for the folks at Roll20, for sure.  The balance is trying to find middle ground between value and making said living.  I have no idea how FG can make all these modules (which are converted to their platform) for so cheap.  But, that is appealing.
Dean said: Hi teak421 and thanks for the great question :) We generally don't offer discounts or sales, be it directly or indirectly through bundles, unless that bundle is offered from the beginning and in no way undercuts anyone by surprise who has already paid the full asking price. We believe good art has value, and this value is worth paying for. Whether it's amazing Wizards content, converted flawlessly and creatively by our internal production team, or our independent artists trying to make a living through the Roll20 service, we feel the culture of discounts creates a zero sum game in a race for the cheapest price that hurts the very same creators we are trying to empower. Personally and professionally I believe the vast majority of the content on Roll20 is priced to reflect its fair value. Thanks for understanding and feel free shoot any other questions our way! Thank you for the explanation...