Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Add Duplicate Item to right-click contextual menu in handouts.

This is a natural to go along with Delete Item and Archive Item. Should be relatively easy, too, since the function already exists.
To expand on this suggestion: add "Rename" to the right-click contextual menu. All these options: Delete, Archive Duplicate and Renaming are all functions that are found in the EDIT button of the journal items. It would be a nice shortcut to have these as a right-click option. Thank You.
Yeah, it seems intuitive to allow us to duplicate without having to open up the item and then select edit. I have nearly deleted a couple of handouts trying to right click to duplicate them. 
Can't agree more !

Edited 1481921734
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
+1 (and will add a vote to confirm that when I have a free one!) edit: Ooooh I have 2 that i didn't know about... consider this +1'd officially!
Been wanting this for a long time. especially to duplicate character and handout sheets. This option would be invaluable and time saving.  +1
Love this program, imo the best out there. But how we can have graphical fireball, acid etc effects and not have a simple option to duplicate handouts is absolutely ridiculous at this point. Even trying to use the transmog is not even doing it for me. I copy handout over, rename it, move it back under the new name but it just wants to overwrite the original due to it being linked to an ID code or something...

Edited 1533778571
Support Class
Marketplace Creator
+1 very much to this. It feels weird that the right-click menu is barely populated while there are lots of functions that are frequently repeated that get pushed deeper into the interface. It's also strange that a function to duplicate an entity would be behind an Edit menu, when you're not actually editing anything. It feels very weird that you can duplicate it and then press 'cancel' since there are no changes to save.
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Duplicating handouts is now on the Dev server, but the functionality is not in the right-click menu, so I'm leaving this suggestion thread open and untagged. We are aware of the suggestion, though.
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .