Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Character Vault Breaking Sheet Macros?

Edited 1539245262
I am sorry if there is already a thread about this, when I searched for one, I couldn't find one on it. ANYWHO! Anytime I export a character into a game, it seems like any macro that I have set up on the sheet breaks. It makes the output look like: <a href="https://imgur.com/a/Zji8qwN" rel="nofollow">https://imgur.com/a/Zji8qwN</a>
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Without seeing the actual macro in question, it sounds like you are making your macro calls by character_id. Normally this is good practice, since you can change the character's name without breaking the macro. However, when you use the character vault, you are essentially creating a new copy of that character in a campaign, which creates a new character_id. Best practice for characters you predict will need vaulting is to make macro calls by character_name, rather than character_id, or&nbsp;use Attribute calls instead of hardcoded values, e.g. %{@{character_id}|ability}, [Name](~@{character_id}|ability), etc. If you want more pinpointed advice or examples, please post one of your macros that is failing.
It's one of the macros that I pulled from the Compendium, I'll post the code when I get home from work.
Here is the Macro. This one in particular is for Fire Bolt, but all of the macros for the sheet in question output the same thing: %{-L5CgttKTGzkW7PW_g-S|repeating_attack_-l5gbe12zlaw4bxe0wzb_attack}
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
When you grab that output, change it to: %{character_name|repeating_attack_-l5gbe12zlaw4bxe0wzb_attack} Where character_name is the actual name of your character as it appears on the sheet. It's probably the simplest solution to implement.

Edited 1539323765
One more question: The sheet in question is an NPC sheet, for Spellcasting Macros, where would I go to edit it? EDIT: I actually figured it out by accident! If you switch the sheet from an NPC sheet to a PC sheet, you gain access to editing spell macros. Thank you keithcurtis&nbsp;for the help!
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Excellent. I'm going to go ahead and close and mark as resolved, but don't hesitate to open a new thread if you run into any more complications.