Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Help] Vampire v5 Sheet

It WAS working up until today, i don't know what happened but whenever anyone rolls anything from the sheet the output in chat is just the name of the person attempting the roll and a blank message
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
When this happens, the most common culprit is that the chat archive has corrupted. If you go to your campaign page, click the settings button and click Clear Chat Archive (hope you dont need it). Then reload your campaign and see if that fixes it.
Yeah, it still just shows that blank empty box :(
I can confirm this as well. I've reset my sandbox to make sure the API wasn't messing up and removed re-added it. Cleared the chat archive. I don't actually run a game but was wanting to play with the sheet on Roll20 as I was thinking of starting a campaign sometime soon. I suppose it was unfortunate timing on my part. :(

Edited 1539143731
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Tuesdays are the days that sheet updates usually go live, so maybe the sheet has a bug that just went live today.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
It does look like a change went live with the sheet 14 hours ago.

Edited 1539175181
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I just took a look at the code. Somehow an extra space got stuck in the roll template name, "wod " vs "wod". I'll put up a PR with a fix. EDIT:  PR

Edited 1539207605
FistOFun
Sheet Author
*Head desk* A huge apology to people who have updated and a massive thank you to Jakob for the rapid bug fix. There is one thing people should be wary of. I've recently updated how the "Powers" section work following feedback from players. The downside is that will nuke your currently listed powers. Please copy your powers before updating and sorry for any issues this causes. If you are a pro-user and have done an update. I can pass on the old code which you can use as a custom sheet, copy your powers then return to the new code. Ugg apologies again.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I'm surprised the devs let that update go through. The one sheet i changed the stats on, they asked me to add a sheet worker to transfer the old stats to the new names.
I'm not sure how I could as I've changed from using fieldsets for powers to disciplines
Rolls still do not work.
For those you are still having issues. You can locate the HTML and CSS files on Gethub. Add them as a custom sheet and make the correction to the script Jakob mentioned in the PR. It worked for me. Damn It always amazes me that a little thing like that can topple down everything. Such is the nature of programming.

Edited 1539357354
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Stebils said: For those you are still having issues. You can locate the HTML and CSS files on Gethub. Add them as a custom sheet and make the correction to the script Jakob mentioned in the PR. It worked for me. Damn It always amazes me that a little thing like that can topple down everything. Such is the nature of programming. Note that this only works for Pro users. Everyone else will have to wait until next Tuesday , when Roll20 accepts the next batch of pull requests.
Chris Jones
Pro
Sheet Author
Hi All, do we have a date when roll20 will update the sheets and get this working again? i've a big game on Monday so want to see if i need to make alternative arrangements for dice :) Cheers Chris
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Chris J said: Hi All, do we have a date when roll20 will update the sheets and get this working again? i've a big game on Monday so want to see if i need to make alternative arrangements for dice :) Cheers Chris Oops, I accidentally a word. In all likelihood, next Tuesday, afternoon-ish US time.
Jakob said: Stebils said: For those you are still having issues. You can locate the HTML and CSS files on Gethub. Add them as a custom sheet and make the correction to the script Jakob mentioned in the PR. It worked for me. Damn It always amazes me that a little thing like that can topple down everything. Such is the nature of programming. Note that this only works for Pro users. Everyone else will have to wait until next Tuesday , when Roll20 accepts the next batch of pull requests. Good to know. Also a note on the update to the powers section, which I really like BTW, in the dice pool builder for the powers there should be an option for adding a second attribute instead of just skills. Powers like Heightened Senses, for example, requires the roll to be Wits + Resolve. Not a major issue, but I figured I would mention it.
Good to know. Also a note on the update to the powers section, which I really like BTW, in the dice pool builder for the powers there should be an option for adding a second attribute instead of just skills. Powers like Heightened Senses, for example, requires the roll to be Wits + Resolve. Not a major issue, but I figured I would mention it. Thanks. I'll include the second Attributes ASAP. Question, currently all the skills are in alphabetical order. Would you rather everything be in alphabetical order or Attributes in alphabetical order then Skills in Alphabetical order?
FistOFun said: Thanks. I'll include the second Attributes ASAP. Question, currently all the skills are in alphabetical order. Would you rather everything be in alphabetical order or Attributes in alphabetical order then Skills in Alphabetical order? Personally, I think having the skills and the Attributes separate would be easier to navigate. 
Stebils said: Personally, I think having the skills and the Attributes separate would be easier to navigate.  What I'll try to do is have Discipline/Attributes (unalphabetical)/Skills but have -------- between each one to ensure that it's easy to read.

Edited 1539470648
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You could have two drop downs - the first with 4 options: physical skills, mental skills, social skills, attributes And that defines what to show in the second dropbox (essentially 3 hidden and one displayed dropboxes, the one displayed based on the first dropbox). Scrolling down a 40-ish item dropdown is painful. Edit You could even do it with just one visible dropdown. The visible dropdown shows the 4 options: physical skills, mental skills, social skills, attributes Player selects one, and that dropdown is set to display:none  and the relevant dropdown is displayed. The very first item in the list is "Go Back" (possibly shaded in a different colour). If that is selected the original selector dropdown is shown again.

Edited 1539472818
FistOFun
Sheet Author
That's a very eloquent solution. I'll look into implementing it at a later date, since there is a couple of places I would need to put it and RL is quite heavy at the moment. I really like that solution.

Edited 1539499406
FistOFun
Sheet Author
For paranoia reason s could someone please double check these changes work <a href="https://github.com/Kirintale/roll20-character-sheets/tree/master/vampire-v5" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/Kirintale/roll20-character-sheets/tree/master/vampire-v5</a> I found out much to my annoyance that, that space is added when I autoformat the code through visual studio code. Going to have to double down on my review action for future updates. Question. Someone has asked for a section on Rituals. Where do people think it should go? Also while I know this is an odd time to raise this as a cheeky point when selecting the character sheet the Patron link actually goes to a charity fundraising page. If you all could spread the word that that's what it does I'd be grateful. My friends and I put a fair bit of time into the sheet and we thought it would be nice if we could generate some money for charity (we cleared it with Roll20 and WW)
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
VS Code has some default settings that can mess up roll20 sheet code (it especially messes up sheet workers). In VSCodes user settings, enter these values: "editor.formatOnPaste" : false , "editor.formatOnSave" : false , That fixes the issues i had. You might need to check your formatting settings if it doesnt fix it for you. It shouldnt be entering extra spaces.

Edited 1539532425
FistOFun
Sheet Author
Brilliant. Thank you VS Code is an amazing tool. Just as always with any tool you constantly learn all the quirks and features.
Thank you all for your patience and especially to Jakob for his fast response. Discipline can now also select attributes. The fix is now in and I've tested it and all seems good. If people with a broken game want to update now that should all be working (though the not the powers).