Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Comics By Request

Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
The marigold pictures were a big hit.
Heh heh heh heh ....
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
The event is at least a year away, but how do people feel about a glimpse of things to come?
If Summer cries, Alycia might have to punch something or someone.
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
*** Dave H. said: If Summer cries, Alycia might have to punch something or someone. What if they're happy tears?
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
I guess at a ceremony like that, Summer would be sobbing and saying things like "it's so beautiful", with one unbreakable arm lock around Alycia's waist, keeping her from going off and doing something regrettable. That, and dodging out of the bouquet's trajectory at the last second to let Alycia catch it.
Bill G. said: What if they're happy tears? Alycia understands the concepts in the abstract. But I didn't say it would be a rational reaction. (Nor that it would necessarily be directed toward the happy couple; it might simply be a matter of praying that someone like Troll will show up ...) I guess at a ceremony like that, Summer would be sobbing and saying things like "it's so beautiful", with one unbreakable arm lock around Alycia's waist, keeping her from going off and doing something regrettable. That, and dodging out of the bouquet's trajectory at the last second to let Alycia catch it. Now that would be an excellent conflict.
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
Darn that Summer and her holograms, she can project anything. It's gonna get her in trouble one of these days.
The Hell? Oh, hey, Jason ... PATRIARCHAL SYMBOLIC RITUALISTIC PROPERTY-BASED POSSESSION CEREMONY! Huh. Legitimate Jasonism. A red Power Tie? Really? Am I ready for this commitment to --? WHY ARE YOU SMILING, JASON?! Wait ... Summer! Dammit!
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
Stand still, Alycia, it'll all be over in a minute.
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
Earlier....  I think this really explains a lot.
Alycia and Summer as Nick and Nora has a disturbing amount of congruity.
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
*** Dave H. said: Alycia and Summer as Nick and Nora has a disturbing amount of congruity. They can't keep up with each other on the drinking, though - Summer will just stay sober. And if you thought drunk Jason was hilarious (and he was), drunk Alycia would be legendary . That said... Aria is already working on a drug delivery system for Newman brains, and one of the Beacon drives is "get drunk or high with a teammate". So you never know.
I've pondered the issue of Alycia drinking; her life is such that I could see her as occasionally deeply self-medicating, or else be so unwilling to lose control / let down her guard that she'd never touch the stuff. As someone who has had drugs used on her, and has probably seen a lot self-destructive substance abuse, my guess is she would probably tend toward being a teetotaler (probably with a degree of annoying self-righteousness).
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
Then it sounds like, should it ever happen, it would represent a serious gesture of trust. I'm also reminded that people have reported using alcohol as a tool to disable their own inhibitions, or as license to act more freely. So I guess we'll find out. In the meantime, here's one version.
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
Later the next day...
Yeah, I'm not sure Alycia thinks that lowering her inhibitions would be a good thing. :-) But you're right -- it would be a gesture of trust, in the right circumstances.
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
We've talked since a looong time back about letting Harry go out incognito, but Summer might be able to help out the most.
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
As it turns out, the disguise is pretty damn good.
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
I'm not doing many Adam-specific comics recently to uphold the current mystery, but the rest of the family seems okay?
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
Bill G. said: We've talked since a looong time back about letting Harry go out incognito, but Summer might be able to help out the most. The more I reread this comic, the more I think this comic perfectly encapsulates what "Papillon Witch Radiance" is about, as a concept. Fairy-tale overtones, techno-magic, silly incantation, and helping friends out.
Bill G. said: Bill G. said: We've talked since a looong time back about letting Harry go out incognito, but Summer might be able to help out the most. The more I reread this comic, the more I think this comic perfectly encapsulates what "Papillon Witch Radiance" is about, as a concept. Fairy-tale overtones, techno-magic, silly incantation, and helping friends out. I for one am going to miss that with Summer's turn towards more traditional flying brick. Bill G. said: I'm not doing many Adam-specific comics recently to uphold the current mystery, but the rest of the family seems okay? That is always okay and appreciated.  Also, mystery be damned.  These are already not in continuity and I love the creativity you bring to them so if something funny or cool or even horrible crops up, feel free to act on it.
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
Summer's going flying-brick for a couple reasons. First, to make Alycia feel comfortable. Second, as a metaphysical science experiment, to see if the coincidental butterfly motif with Daph is actually coincidental (as a player, I know it is, but I thought it made for a neat plot point, stemming from the conversation A&S had about religion). She'd love to go back to the fairy-princess look, as long as Alycia explicitly expressed approval (which could be on the horizon?), but she also does want to encounter Daph as Radiance and see what happens. I'd love for Doyce to pick this up and do something neat with it, if he's so inclined, but if that doesn't happen, we can figure out something else. I don't know what you're saying about the Jordan comics, though. Steggy is totally canonical. Nobody said, but he's the viewpoint character for our game.
Bill G. said: Steggy is totally canonical. Nobody said, but he's the viewpoint character for our game. Oh of course.  How could I not see that before?
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
As far as I understand it, here's the ranking of what's canonical for the game, from most (top) to least (bottom). Rulings on events from the GM Narration during actual sessions Statements made by players about their own current or former PCs Posts on the forum with the Cutscene or Background tags Speculative posts by players about what might or might not happen with their characters Posts made by players about other players' PCs, or about NPCs YouTube comments or other third-party remarks about the game Actual falsehoods The comics
The more I reread this comic, the more I think this comic  perfectly  encapsulates what "Papillon Witch Radiance" is about, as a concept. Fairy-tale overtones, techno-magic, silly incantation, and helping friends out. I for one am going to miss that with Summer's turn towards more traditional flying brick. Yeah, I'm kinda pissed at Alycia, to be honest.
*** Dave H. said: The more I reread this comic, the more I think this comic  perfectly  encapsulates what "Papillon Witch Radiance" is about, as a concept. Fairy-tale overtones, techno-magic, silly incantation, and helping friends out. I for one am going to miss that with Summer's turn towards more traditional flying brick. Yeah, I'm kinda pissed at Alycia, to be honest. Finally, something we all agree on.  :P
3. Posts on the forum with the Cutscene or Background or RP   tags
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
Yeah, I forgot the RP tag, sorry. :)
Bill G. said: Yeah, I forgot the RP tag, sorry. :) No worries. Your list was otherwise quite complete. Though, while non-canonical, I do find the comics ... insiprational.
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
Two of these three opinions are movie quotes.
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
So why are they there anyway? Well...
Perfect, Bill.  Perfect.
Indeed!
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
And this is why I think Alycia would be surprisingly good with kids.
Alycia take no responsibility when, the next day, Jordan starts capering about and laughing about a monkey with a hat .
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
*** Dave H. said: Alycia take no responsibility when, the next day, Jordan starts capering about and laughing about a monkey with a hat .
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
Some writing advice is "have characters who want something". A lot of Alycia comics result because Alycia so clearly needs so much, and Summer plays a combination of emotional mentor, emotional challenge, and the boke in the beautiful Boke and Tsukkomi Routine these two have going on. It's sometimes harder for me to dive into what makes other characters tick. For Adam, I settled on writing Jordan in a Calvin & Hobbes style, Harry through the lens of his relationship with A10, and Charlotte paired with Manny the Skeleton, a foul-mouthed knave who must constantly be kept in line but who goes along with it willingly. Summer's needs and wants are sometimes harder to depict in comic form, or capture in short form, but I feel like I've done an adequate job with her diary entries and cutscenes and the like.
I suspect Summer's needs and wants are also a bit closer to you as the person inside her head. That makes coming up with whimsical four-panel humor a bit more difficult. (And, yes, it is ironic that Alycia "I am a rock, I am an island" Chin is actually so damned needy, and so resentful about it or acknowledging it or having it be known.)
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
Here's one version of what Summer wants. And a solution!
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
Abducting cute dogs is not a solution!
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
More dog-theft comics here and here . If you've seen this image, these links are the source:
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
A good general sees to the troops' morale, and Manny learns that television is a privilege, not a right.
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
That's a trustworthy innocent face.
YESSSSS!
Hee! 
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
What was Harry busy thinking about during the meeting?
Heh.
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
We didn't hear from the person most affected by this issue.
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
A brief interlude while I collect inspiration for more comics. Some images and their PC associations. Summer : really needs a talking cat companion. Currently this is Alycia. Charlotte : Summer has realized she knows what questions to ask about the Wounds. Adam : as an aside, I'd totally 100% watch a "What We Do In the Shadows" Star Wars prequel special. Harry : definitely want to hear Mercury's thoughts on the current Adam sitch, but he's an easy going guy, so. Alycia : in recap, announced she's going to have a talk with Summer. Might overlap with The Talk. Probably will end up with one of them crying, which is a sign that things went well.