Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Unable to upload content into a Mysterious note

Help I am having difficulty trying to upload content either a word (doc) or PDF file  it does not respond. any suggestions??
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
What method are you using to upload? Copy/Paste? You cannot drag and drop a word file onto the VTT, and although I have heard it is possible to drag a PDF onto the table top, it will simply convert it to an image. You should be able to copy and paste text however. If it has very complicated formatting, or the text is discontinuous (common in PDFs) you may get undesired results even with copy/paste. You can try pasting as Plain Text, which will remove all formatting. The keyboard command may vary from system to system, but Cntrl/Cmd-Shift-V should do it. Let me know if any of this helps. If not, let me know that too. :)
I was unable to drag and drop word doc. or PDF.  but was able copy and past into the note.  but not images.  my original doc was a mix of word and images,  could only paste a single image on top.   I took a 6 month break from gaming, it looks like a lot has changed on roll 20. also I was a pro member now a plus,  and It seems like I lost access to PHB and now just have the SRD for 5e. was that a Pro feature?

Edited 1539748050
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
If you purchased the PHB, that remains yours, regardless of subscription level. The PHB has never been provided for free or simply as a part of a subscription. Parts of the PHB were temporarily available on the Dev server as part of the Charactermancer playtest. If you have purchased the PHB and no longer have access to it, then you should contact the team at <a href="mailto:team@roll20.net" rel="nofollow">team@roll20.net</a> and ask them to investigate.