Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Script] LazyExperience

Edited 1539161334
Robin
API Scripter
LazyExperience LazyExperience is a script to record experience during a game (the idea comes from  EasyExperience ). Biggest difference is that it has an option to reward experience directly, and keeps track on statusmarker changes on tokens. Config The first time you add this script you get a first time config menu in chat. Command  - The command you want to use with this script, eg. !xp. Marker  - The "dead" marker you want to use to give an option to reward experience when something dies. Player XP Attribute  - The player's experience attribute in the sheet you are using, this is defaulted to the 5e OGL sheet (experience). NPC XP Attribute  - The npc's experience attribute in the sheet you are using, this is defaulted to the 5e OGL sheet (npc_xp). Extra Players  - This can be used to add to the experience divisors (eg. for npc under no one's control, etc). Give XP Instant  - If you want to instantly give experience to the players when you reward it, otherwise it will be rewarded at the end of the session. Update Sheets  - If you want to update the characters sheets when experience is rewarded. Refresh Players  - Refresh the player list (eg. when a new player joins or someone leaves). Reset Experience  - Resets the experience back to 0. Reset Config  - Resets the config options to default. Player Config Active Toggles  - Sets the player/character active (or not). A player/character who is not active will not be rewarded xp at the end of the session and will not be in the LazyExperience menu list. Add Experience  - Reward experience to (one of) the player's character(s). Back  - Back to the config menu. Remove  - Removes the player entirely from the LazyExperience config. Commands !xp help  - Shows the help menu. !xp config  - Shows the config menu. !xp menu  - Shows the LazyExperience menu (more below). !xp add session  [XP]   - Adds (or gives if you want to give instantly) experience to the session experience threshold, where [XP] is the amount of experience. !xp add  [characterid] [XP]  - Adds (or gives if you want to give instantly) experience to the character experience threshold, where [characterid] is the character's id and [XP] is the amount of experience. !xp end  - Ends the session, reset experience, and rewards experience to the players (if you didn't reward it instantly). LazyExperience Menu This menu shows the current experience in the session threshold. It also show the amount it will be divised with when rewarded. A list of active players with there active characters is also shown here, and experience can be rewarded. Statusmarker Dead When a token is given the statusmarker you have set up in the config ("dead" by default), you will get the question if you want to add the experience to the session experience threshold. Github Link Latest Update Bugfixes
Hey Robin, I found a minor issue with the script or better, I found a small issue in the way the script handles the npc-xp attribute in a character sheet. When the NPC XP attribute contains commas (,) the prompt to add the contents of the NPC XP attribute to the session XP never comes up. Changing the NPC XP attribute and removing the comma makes it work immediately. I'm unsure whether this should be corrected in your script or in the compendium import in the Pathfinder Community Sheet but it may be easier to change in the API script.
Robin
API Scripter
Florian B. said: Hey Robin, I found a minor issue with the script or better, I found a small issue in the way the script handles the npc-xp attribute in a character sheet. When the NPC XP attribute contains commas (,) the prompt to add the contents of the NPC XP attribute to the session XP never comes up. Changing the NPC XP attribute and removing the comma makes it work immediately. I'm unsure whether this should be corrected in your script or in the compendium import in the Pathfinder Community Sheet but it may be easier to change in the API script. Thanks for mentioning. Hm, I will look into this asap.