Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

Link Image to Handout

I'm at a total loss on what's going on with this. It was a feature that was present before, and now apparently seems to have been removed. To describe the problem, I'm using Ctrl+V to put images into a handout and make it look fancy. What I want to do is insert a handout link (url) into an image, so clicking the image will pull up the handout. An older game I did this with no problem: When looking at the image (selecting it and clicking link, the text field is empty and there's a url to a handout). But now, it seems impossible to make a link with no text, and adding text deletes the image. What's going on? How can I get this feature back?
1540058333
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I'm not sure this is possible anymore. I've never seen anyone use this technique. The syntax for Journal Command Buttons (which were an emergent feature) has changed. Try adding a backtick ` (the character below the tilde ~ on your keyboard), in front of the URL. I don't think this will solve your particular problem, but it could be the reason it no longer works. As a (very tedious) workaround, you could try adapting this stupid trick .
I'll give the trick a try, thanks. The ` didn't work, sadly, given it's not the url that's the problem - it's the fact that in order to insert a link, you have to now have text written into the "Text to display" portion. When before you could leave it blank, which allowed it to, naturally, work with images. It's sad, since the game I have that handout in, still works 100%. I just can't make any more of it.
1540060952
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
It is a shame, since that's a clever trick. It is still possible to do it, since your existing handout is evidence, it's just not automatic with the new Text Editor. When you read the trick, be sure to look a few posts further down, where user Noon has posted some refinements.