Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFP][5e] Mik's Curse of Strahd - The perfect season for horror!

Edited 1540700641
Mik Holmes
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Now with introductory video:&nbsp; <a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xpQZRtJb_4&amp;feature=youtu.be" rel="nofollow">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xpQZRtJb_4&amp;feature=youtu.be</a> Hey, I'm Mik! I'm starting some weekly Curse of Strahd pro-campaigns, and looking for more players. This'll be my fourth time running Curse of Strahd, so you can expect a polished game! I'm available Tuesdays, Wednesdays , Fridays, or Sundays . I'm in PST, and I'm able to run anywhere from afternoons to late evening. I'm also hoping to establish more than one game a week. If you're interested, hit up the LFG link at the bottom of this post, and tell me your availability. Update: There's two games about to start. We have 1-2 slots up for the Wednesday game, and 1-2 slots up for the Sunday game. Feel free to PM me with any questions if you're interested! Pay-to-Play This game will require payment to the Game Master at a rate of $10 USD/session via Paypal, to be paid monthly. Roll20 is not responsible for any payment transactions and cannot enforce any private arrangements. I know pay-to-play is controversial, and I understand why people often don't want to pay for what they can get for free. But because you're paying me, I can offer full-on production values for your buck, with sub-plots, characters, and unique encounters I've designed and refined with other groups. I also understand value for money, so I want to offer the first session or two free to make sure it's a good match before we kick it into high gear. The $10 also covers things like a Roll20 Pro campaign sub, the Curse of Strahd module, DMsGuild supplements, addons like Xanathar's Guide and Tome of Beasts, and Marketplace materials like maps/tokens. From three previous runthroughs, I've set up a framework incl. extra handouts and art, music and ambience tracks, Roll20 API features, etc. I'll also be available for anything you want to talk about - character concepts or storyline ideas, homebrew options, or any questions or concerns with the game, Roll20, D&amp;D, or whatever. Other than the cost, there's no extra commitment on your part. I'm just one guy, and the games are still going to be fairly casual. No charge if you need to miss a session, or if a week's game falls through; and I'm a reasonable guy if money starts to get tight. Curse of Strahd Curse of Strahd is a 5th edition D&amp;D adaption of the award-winning 1983 Ravenloft module for AD&amp;D, written by Tracy and Laura Hickman. In the years since, the original has gained a reputation as one of the greatest Dungeons &amp; Dragons adventures ever.&nbsp; Curse of Strahd uses recurring elements inspired by classic horror literature and gothic fairy tales. The players find themselves drawn into the cursed land of Count Strahd von Zarovich, a terrifying predator hidden behind a romantic, noble veil. Once there, they must contend with the horrors of Barovia – misty forests full of wolves and witches; haunted manors and abandoned castles; grotesque monsters in the shadows; and other creatures that serve Strahd’s evil will.&nbsp; Please note: as Curse of Strahd is a horror adventure and thus can be uncomfortable for players, it includes some themes and imagery which may be particularly difficult for some players. This includes violence against children, dated depictions of mental illnesses; and racial stereotypes attributed to real-world Romani people. Care has been taken to interpret and adapt such content, but if you are at all uncomfortable with these themes, we should discuss this before proceeding further. About The Campaign I'm looking for a group of 4-5 players per game. Sessions will be weekly, and last 3.5-4 hours. The game will be run on Roll20 with voice and (optional) video. I'll start a discord for chat between games. I'd prefer players who are experienced with Roll20 and 5e D&amp;D, but I'm eager to work with anyone interested in the campaign!&nbsp; From previous games, I'd say this'll take about 5-6 months of weekly play to complete. The adventure runs from 1st-level to 10th, but can continue longer depending on interest. The first few sessions are an intro adventure that rapidly brings players to 3rd-level.&nbsp;&nbsp; Character creation will be done together in a Session Zero. I want to weave together everyone's backstory with each other and the setting. I'm down to discuss character material from Unearthed Arcana, 3pp, or homebrew. About Me I'm Mik Holmes, freelance illustrator (with some material on the Roll20 marketplace here). Been playing/DMing tabletop games for 15+ years, and I've DM'd some officially sanctioned D&amp;D/Pathfinder weekly adventure nights in game stores for several years. My husband and I live in BC, Canada.&nbsp; My experience has taught me how to tailor my DM style to the group. Depending on player preferences, I strike a balance between immersive rolepalying and drama; strategic and punchy combat; and I think my strongest aspect is keeping dramatic pacing with combat and RP, but I know I still have much to learn, and I'm currently trying to stretch my NPC improv muscles. Interested If you've read above and are interested in playing, please drop me a line in this forum, PM me, or leave a message in the LFG linked below. Please mention your timezone and available days/hours; and tell me a little about yourself, like what kinds of games you prefer.&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/127552/miks-curse-of-strahd" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/127552/miks-curse-of-strahd</a>
PM'd you ;)
Mik Holmes
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Replied to DJ, and have two others in PMs interested on various days. Still looking for more players interested! For a promotion, I did a narration of the introduction on Youtube, linked in the top post, to give people an idea of what I sound like.&nbsp;
I played in one of Mik's previous Curse of Strahd campaigns. It took us about 7 months and he was an awesome GM.&nbsp; It is the first campaign I ever got to see to completion on Roll20, which says something about his GM skills and dedication!&nbsp; We had a lot of fun and he's definitely worth paying for!
Mik Holmes
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Thanks Jesse! Much appreciated! As mentioned above, Wednesdays and Sundays look like the most popular days. Looking for more interest in those days primarily.&nbsp;
I've already joined the game, Mik looks to be a very experienced GM, who really looks like they know what they are doing esp in regards to this campaign specifically.&nbsp; So I'm all in.
Mik Holmes
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Continuing the search! I'd like to get a couple more players before I start. I've been practicing my vampire voice!
PM'd you Mik for interest in your sunday games!
PM'd you about Sundays game.&nbsp; Thanks.
Mik Holmes
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Hey Kyra and John, I've PM'd both of you back!
I’m interested, are there still spots open?

Edited 1540692751
Mik Holmes
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Hey, there's definitely still room! I've PMd you.
Mik Holmes
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Today's been a great day for players joining up. We're still in the meet-and-greet phase, but right now, there are 1-2 slots open in both the Wednesday and Sunday games! Post here and PM me with any questions in you're interested!&nbsp;