Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

PHB 5e skills.

Jan L.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
I just bought the players handbook. I also have the PHB at home, but I like the way I can share this one with my players. One of the problems that I have found, is that although there is a list of skills, when you click the skill to get more information about it, it shows no information on what the skill does. It only shows what ability it uses. Is this as intended? 
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I'm not going to move this to the Players Hand Book bug thread, since it's not really a bug. I am assuming you have come across this link for Abiltiy Checks . That says that the checks are detailed in a later section. This is in keeping with the physical structure of the book. The Table of Contents entry directly afterward is the section of the book ( Using Each Ability ) that details what can be done with each check.
Jan L.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Ahhh Okay Thanks Keith. It would be useful if I would search in the compendium for 'athletics', that the little entry about the actual description of what it does would pop up.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Thanks Jan L. I'll pass it on to the Dev Team.
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Hi Jan L. - The PHB Search is definitely an item on my list to optimize. There needs to be some Dev work first, but we hear you and agree that it could use some more functionality. Thank you for your feedback! :)
Jan L.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Ok thanks!