Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Selected Token Prefix stopped working (now searching for the Character "selected")

Edited 1540491779
I have no idea what happened, it was fine the last time I was working on it, which was around a month ago. I have been creating Spell Macros, and now instead of searching for @{selected|strength} in the Token, it is explicitly searching for a Character Sheet named Selected. I am going to try to Clear the Chat Archive (which should in theory be empty) and clear my Cache. I will report back once I test it after doing the above steps. If someone knows what is going on, I would be interested to know what happened. Edit: It would appear that my Tokens have somehow become unlinked from their Sheets. Does anyone know what caused this? Because until about an hour ago, I was the only one in my Campaign.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I was going to post to check that there wasn't a space in there, such as @{selected |strength}, but now it seems like you have bigger fish. Does the unlinking affect all tokens? Default tokens, as well as the ones already placed? Can you link one and have that linking preserved, or does it immediately unlink again? This is a new one one me. Go ahead and run through the   steps of our guide to   Solving Technical Issues , but I suspect only the log will be important here. Step 1: Make sure to use the right browser Please check if these issues persist when using both Chrome  and  Firefox. Step 2: Ensure that there are no extensions/addons interfering with Roll20 Please disable  all  add-ons/extensions  and  anti-virus programs. Step 3: Clear your cache If none of the above succeeds, please thoroughly work through  Step 4 .  (Don't forget the complete Console Log!)
I am not using a space in the character name, as I find it can sometimes interfere with the Macros , good idea though. I have not been able to verify if the Default Token was affected yet, and it seems to be just a single token. However, I'm positive that it was in fact linked before, as I had adjusted the HP on the Sheet via the Token, and have been actively using the Token for Macro Verification (I'm using the Chat Menu API Button trick you mentioned elsewhere ), which commonly calls the @{selected| prefix, which is how I found this problem. I'm not currently on Wi-Fi, however I should be able to get access sometime next week, at which point I will be able to test the Default Token settings, which should be correctly assigned, last I had looked. I don't know how to access the Console on my phone, or if I even can. I can verify that the sheet was somehow unlinked though, so I know that it was a problem across multiple browsers. The Cache was not an issue either, as I located the fact that it was not linked after I had cleared my Cache. Antivirus was not an issue On the upside, the newly set up link seems to be sticking. I was unsure if I had missed a Site Overhaul when I had first posted this (the Text Editor overhaul a while back caught me off guard as well, but I've managed to overcome that), and browsing it from my phone I find myself incapable of editing the title, but it's still kinda fitting. At worst; I feel that this thread is capable of helping anyone else who finds themselves in a similar situation to troubleshoot the problem, as the error message was not very informative. This might have simply been a case of Data Corruption. I will update further once I have checked the Default Tokens.