Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Is there a way to make a macro call upon one or more macro's?

Is there a way to make a macro call upon one or more macro's? 
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Yes, you just put the macro/ability call in the macro. Macros are just saved chat messages.
You can call a macro from another macro by calling it with #Macroname Example Here a quick example, the left most macro in the image calls upon the two macros on the right:

Edited 1540563527
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Just in case you are talking about running a variety of other macros, you can look into Chat Menus .
So i am creating a Room just for character building. I have built rollable tables for trinkets, family origins, physical feature, stats, etc. I then used power cards on the suggestion of keithcurtis (thank you btw). so all the macro's work great but I wanted to be able to call on all 9 macros with one click to generate a completely random character. #macro seems to only allow for 3 macro's at a time.
Since you are already using powercards, you should be able to do it there. Just create an individual macro for each one. You should be able to put all 9 macros into one powercard, just have to format it so it displays correctly (which is just trial and error until you get it to look how you want it to) Keep in mind that if your macros have a decent amount of output, then it might be a long powercard to show all that information.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
I don't use powercards, so I could be wrong, but I believe there is a character limit on what can be sent at once in chat and I think powercards commands are rather lengthy.
i can do a fair amount with power cards but the one thing i cant find info on is calling a macro...ill have to reread tutorial must have over looked it somewhere
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Ah, powercards can't call a macro
Actually powercards can call a macro. It will take a little trial and error to get the output to look correct (in both the powercard macro, and the called macro. Two macros I created to test this. This is the output of both macros. (obviously the numbers are different as they are rolled 2 separate times, lol)
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Ah, and this is why I shouldn't say things about powercards since I don't use it. Sky/HB must have put ability parsing in.

Edited 1540657838
Ken
Pro
I don't know, but no worries. I've "put my foot in my mouth" plenty of times, lol. If Sky or Kurt did put in macro calling, it is not documented on the Wiki (which probably leads to the misconception that powercards can't call macros).  Or at least not easily found if it is documented. If Sky or Kurt did add macro calling, great. If they didn't and its a happy accident that it works, then Kurt would probably want to check it out to make sure it isn't going to throw errors or something.