Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFP] Seasoned UK Gamers seek fresh blood

Edited 1540540292
We're a (mostly) very seasoned group (age 20-50, mostly closer to the latter) based in the UK who play online (Fridays, 20:00 GMT) and meet up for a gaming weekend away once a year. We play a variety of games including Nights Black Agents, Star Wars, Call of Cthulhu, Trail of Cthulhu, and D&D 5E. We're looking for one more player — probably mature and UK-based.
Justin, I am in the UK and am adequately seasoned, probably a little salty. Your list looks good and I’d be keen to know more. MG
Hi "MonkeyGland", Good to hear from you. OK, what can I tell you? There are currently five of us, most of us started meeting in person in and around Oxfordshire about 7 (?) years ago, initially playing some Call of Cthulhu, and some related variants, before branching out to include a wider variety of games. After Al moved up to Scotland, we started playing online mainly, using a combination of Discord and Roll20. We tend to have a primary campaign and run short games when attendance is erratic or just for a break. For the past several years, we've tried to have an annual 'games con' where we hire a cottage for a weekend and play a variety of traditional and improv type RPGs (eg. Fiasco). Some drinking, dressing up as pirates, etc can be involved.  We're just coming to the end of a major story arc of our years long Star Wars campaign and trying to reach a decision about whether to launch a new arc where we are Alliance-sponsored privateers, or whether to start a new campaign. Topping the list right now are 'Storm King's Thunder' (D&D, probably combined with bits of 'Tyranny of Dragons') and 'Two Headed Serpent' (Pulp Cthulhu). What else do you want to know? Can you tell me a bit more about yourself? If we think there's a decent match (it sounds like it to me) then the next step would be to invite you to one of our games - we'll probably be playing shorter games for a while, so likely one of those. Justin
Justin, Thanks so very much for spending the time to introduce your group. I’ve been playing RPG’s since school in the darkest depths of the 1980’s but stalled around the time of the Blur / Oasis civil war (I didn’t pick a side). I came back into the fold when I found copies of Cold City and Fear Itself in a charity shop and was swiftly swept back into the hobby. Since that fateful day I’ve played 4e, 5e, Call & Trail of Cthulhu, Fate and a bunch of indie RPGs. However, I’ve only currently got a monthly group playing 5e so was looking for something a bit more regular and saw your message. Feel free to PM me with more details. MG