Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Edited 1540975339
Is there a way for players to read a prompt that appears when logging in?  Sometimes I'm not there immediately and would like to have a command similar to the handouts "show all"  pop up for the players with a message.  If this isn't a feature could a mod move this topic to suggestions for me?   Messages like "game cancled" "running late" "Description and narrative for the current setting"  "moving the game to next week" etc, etc, etc
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
Threads can not be moved to Suggestions due to the requirement that the poster have a vote available for creating the post.   Previous attempts to move threads have... gone very very wrong. The Aaron has a 'Message of the Day' script available via OneClick which does something similar to what you wish, putting the text in the chat window, but this requires a Pro level subscription to use API.

Edited 1540978043
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Hi Muckbuckle, there is a potential solution but it would require the use of the API (a pro user perk). It is a script called Message of the Day by resident scriptomancer The Aaron. If going pro isn't something that is possible/appealing for you then feel free to make a suggestion in the appropriate forum (i'm not sure what if moving posts there would use a vote automatically or end the world so lets leave this thread for other potential solutions). I feel a suggestion like that would gain some traction as a valuable addition to the VTT in general! [edit] Gah, I've done it again! Must remember to refresh before posting... must remember to refresh before posting!!!
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
For those sorts of messages, I generally make a page I leave the players on, then just put a big text box on it with the note.  Message of the Day also works, if you have the API. 
Gold
Forum Champion
The Aaron said: For those sorts of messages, I generally make a page I leave the players on, then just put a big text box on it with the note.  Message of the Day also works, if you have the API.  I use those methods. Making a Page with a prominent note is an easy way. Players can even respond there using the drawing and text tools, for example making a poll. Another tool is your Game Discussion Forum -- a post there will generate a Notification for your players (whether by email or just the pink Notifications button in Roll20).