Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LF1P][D&D 5e] Tomb of Annihilation Campaign - Sundays 1:30 PM EDT / 17:30 UTC

Edited 1541280801
Lex
Pro
Date: Sundays Time: 1:30 PM EDT / 12:30 PM CDT / 17:30 UTC Length: 4 hour sessions <a href="https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20181028T1330&amp;p1=179" rel="nofollow">https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20181028T1330&amp;p1=179</a> I am a GM looking for a player to add to our Tomb of Annihilation campaign. We are partway in, but all the dungeons and the Forbidden City have yet to be explored. Most groups don't visit all the locations in Chult, and the party plans to hit quite a few more, so there's still the full ToA experience to be had! I have played and GMed hundreds of hours of tabletop RPGs in person, online, and at convention. I recently ran a successful Lost Mine of Phandelver campaign for 5th Edition on Roll20 and it is from that group that we've headed to the green shores of Chult. We are a group in it for the long haul and are looking for players that are as well. I am currently running Tomb of Annihilation for another group at my local store, so this Roll20 campaign will benefit from me having worked out some of the kinks already. The reason for the opening is that one of my players needed to drop due to personal injury and conflicting obligations. The campaign will be run on Roll20, but players will be invited to join D&amp;D Beyond where I have a Master Tier subscription and Legendary Bundle that grants access to digital versions of every book. It also includes their Character Builder and searchable databases of the spells, items, and monsters. This game will require payment to the Game Master at a rate of $5 via PayPal per session. Roll20 is not responsible for any payment transactions and cannot enforce any private arrangements. Background Evils stir from deep within the tropical jungles of Chult. The Death Curse is ravaging the Sword Coast. Resurrection magic no longer has any effect, and those who have been magically resurrected are withering away and dying. When once death was but a setback, it now marks the final end for all inhabitants of Faerûn. It is a dark time for adventurers. Who is behind this terrifying plague, and how can it be stopped? Riches, danger, and death await all those brave or foolish enough to find out! Campaign Features The campaign is a jungle exploration hex crawl and dungeon crawl but contains large portions of role-playing. The campaign will be deadly and I'd like players to be ready to roll up a new character if need be. I'd estimate the campaign to last 5-8 months. My estimate could be off by a lot, but I want to give players some idea. It will definitely be quite a few months but not years. For a refresher on D&amp;D 5e, checkout this video series: <a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoW2CDgztKY&amp;list=" rel="nofollow">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoW2CDgztKY&amp;list=</a>... The Basic Rules for D&amp;D 5e contain all the rules you need to get started for free: <a href="http://dnd.wizards.com/articles/features/basicrul" rel="nofollow">http://dnd.wizards.com/articles/features/basicrul</a>... Read the Introduction and Chapters 7-10 (29 pages in total). Application (5-6 seats total) Please post applications and questions here. 18+ only. Voice with Discord is mandatory. 1) Describe yourself and a bit about your roleplaying experience 2) What do you enjoy most about tabletop RPGs? 3) How did you find my LFG? 4) What made you pick my LFG post? 5) Can you commit to a campaign for 6, 8, or even 10 months? 6) Do you accept the payment requirements for this campaign? If you have any questions, comment here or send me a PM. Character Creation New players are invited to join with 5th level characters. Please use point buy, no rolled starting wealth, feats are subject to discussion for non-martial classes. Official AL options are available. If you want to use UA or third-party options you must run it by me first and it may be subject to modification. When making a custom character, I have all the player options on D&amp;D Beyond and can share them with the players. This includes use of the D&amp;D Beyond character builder and the full text of the books. Alternatively, I recommend CharForge (has everything), ForgedAnvil D&amp;D 5E Character Generator (has everything), or OrcPub2 (SRD only). Why paid GMing? 1. Defray the content costs. I'm hoping to use the money to buy some Marketplace content on Roll20. 2. Prevent flakes. Players (and GMs) are far more likely to show up and be on time if there's payment involved. 3. It takes a lot of extra time to GM. I spend about 1-2 hours per game-hour prepping. Reading the adventure, taking notes, cross-referencing rules, finding and making tokens, finding and making maps, setting them up in Roll20, adding NPCs to Roll20, going over character sheets, and organizing the session all takes a lot of time outside the game. It's part of the hobby, but as I'm having to put in prep time I'd rather not have to spend so much on the content costs too. LFG Listing
Looking for one player to join the campaign in Chult!
Please post applications and questions here. 18+ only. Voice with Discord is mandatory. 1) Describe yourself and a bit about your roleplaying experience I have a wide range of interests and have attempted (without success) over the last 3 years to play campaigns with my friends. I've Dm'd and played quite a bit in person with 5e, but everyone else couldn't make the time commitments (college). I like to play casters or skilled types. 2) What do you enjoy most about tabletop RPGs? I most enjoy the interactive story and world building. I enjoy combat in a party of 4 or larger, because then we get some cool encounters. 3) How did you find my LFG? I was looking for something that started soon. 4) What made you pick my LFG post? You sound like you know what you are doing, and I actually prefer the pay to play because it means that everyone involved is invested. 5) Can you commit to a campaign for 6, 8, or even 10 months? yes (with the occasional absence) 6) Do you accept the payment requirements for this campaign?&nbsp; Yes
Bump.
Bump!
What is the current party composition?&nbsp; And how long do your sessions run?
Jesse R. said: What is the current party composition?&nbsp; And how long do your sessions run? Sessions are four hours long. The party is: a tiefling paladin, a pureblood warlock, a wood elf ranger, and a high elf wizard.
Look no further count me in
I can sit here and describe my interests and tell my&nbsp; experience all day long. But in the end I just&nbsp; play some D&amp;D and roll some dice and have fun .&nbsp;