Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Macros unable to reference spells

Edited 1541398043
As stated in the title, I am unable to reference spells via macros. Using "%{name|repeating_spells01_#_spellcast01}" gets "name|repeating_spells01_#_spellmacro01" as the output. My guess is that this is not the correct formatting given the fact that every spell in a given character's spellbook of a given level has the same name given for the ability. However, some of the relevant sections within the wiki are specifically stated as being in need of an update. Any help would be appreciated, with an update to your reference material even more so.

Edited 1541400892
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi Trognar, Macros are going to be very different depending on which sheet you are using. I can't comment to the state of the wiki without a reference to look at. If you can provide that, along with the name of your sheet (is it 3.5 D&D, 5e OGL by Roll20?), I'll see what's going on. However, I believe I can answer your specific question. The "#" in the macro needs a number in there. Since it is a repeating field macro, my guess is it needs $ followed by an integer. Try: %{name|repeating_spells01_$0_spellcast01} where "name" is the name of the character, of course.

Edited 1541407715
Tried that, the macro is now working, but that's pretty unintuitive given that the name of spells on the sheet have a # rather than a $. The sheet I am using is the D&amp;D 3.5E by Diana P. and the wiki page in question is <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Journal#Abilities_.28Need_Update" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Journal#Abilities_.28Need_Update</a> . Thanks for the help.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Ah, I had indeed suspected that that was a community sheet. Roll20 doesn't maintain or support community sheets (thought they are of course allowed and encouraged). The sheet in question has not been updated in over 2 years. The person who wrote the wiki would likely be Diana P. She is still active on the forums if you would like to seek her out for any sheet matters or advice.