Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Subscription vs Custom Sheet

Edited 1541739178
Good evening! My group and I are interested in exploring a custom character sheet for one of our new upcoming campaigns, now that we've finished another one. We've run into a few questions I couldn't immediately answer to them. 1.) As Custom Character Sheets (herein referenced as CCS) are limited to Pro Subscribers, will the CCS   and the Sheet Workers disappear or go non-functional if our GM discontinues her subscription? Will the CCS stay, and the Sheet Workers 'expire' (become non-functional)? Do we lose everything? 2.) As a web designer, I'll probably end up being one of the two selected to make the sheet. I noticed only a few elements were listed as available. Are we restricted from using simple anchor, "<a>",  tags for Tabs, or must we follow by the 'old school hack' of using Radio Groups? Any direction or insight towards these questions is incredibly appreciated! Many thanks for being a supportive community. Live long and prosper, and happy gaming.
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
After creating or copying the code for the custom sheet into the sheet editor, it will remain active after the subscription ends. Understand that you will not be able to edit the sheet after the subscription ends and if you change sheets, you will not be able to go back to the custom sheet until you renew your subscription.
Thank you graciously for the quick response! Does this apply for both the sheet , and the Sheet Workers , or just the sheet itself? Again, thank you!
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
The sheetworkers are part of the sheet. Now if you were asking about the API scripts that some sheets use (such as some star wars sheets for their dice rolls) then no. API scripts must have a pro subscription to function.
Great to hear! My thanks for your patience and diligence.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
When the subscription expires, you'll be able to use the sheet and all its features, but you want be able to make new campaigns using it. So it's worth making a few copies of the campaign, and assigning the custom sheet to each of them, before the subscription expires. This gives you the option of playing new campaigns using the sheet. 
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Gallant said: 2.) As a web designer, I'll probably end up being one of the two selected to make the sheet. I noticed only a few elements were listed as available. Are we restricted from using simple anchor, "<a>",  tags for Tabs, or must we follow by the 'old school hack' of using Radio Groups? You dont have access to the DOM, so any webpage manipulation is limited to what you can do with CSS. The CSS Wizardry page on the wiki gives a pretty good idea of what's possible and what's not possible. 

Edited 1541787919
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
As a web developer, had you already taken a look at how the existing sheets are structured? Building CS , CSS Wizardry ,  Sheet worker scripts  and Roll Templates  are the best pages to detail what options & limitations you have for building CS.