Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Linked Character Tokens Shrink When Dragged From Journal Onto Map

I'm having a bit of an issue with character size. When I link a token to a sheet, and then proceed to drag it onto a map, it appears but it's TINY, like less than half the size of the hex(which it's meant to almost fill). Before linking the token to a sheet I make sure to change the proportions of the token to just how I want it and set all the other parameters and all that. But nothing seems to work, it still pops out being tiny when dragged from journal. HALP!
First thing that comes to mind: Right-click the token, select ADVANCED, make sure IS DRAWING is not highlighted. This can cause size issues if it's selected. Just a possibility.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Check your map settings. Do you have the grid size set to a number other than 1? Perhaps .5? Regardless of the map setting, does it match the map setting of the map on which you are setting the default token?
I'm having the same issue.  I've confirmed that IS DRAWING is not highlighted. Scale is set to 1 unit = 5', grid size is set to 1 unit. If I enlarge it, then remove it from the map, it will still be tiny the next time it is dragged onto the map. If I enlarge it, remove it from the PC, then re-link using the "selected token", it will still revert to tiny size the next time. does it match the map setting of the map on which you are setting the default token? I'm having a little trouble decoding this last suggestion. Can you clarify this for a relative newb? Thanks for any help!
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Sorry, I'll rephrase (although you are aware of this from your post wording, I'm being thorough in case someone else comes along). A map not only has a scale (number of feet/meters/etc per unit), it has a unit size. I.e. each of the units is equal to so many grid lines, usually 1. Some people change that unit size to fit more units on a page. A token is sized by the scale in consideration of the unit size. If a person sets the unit size to .5 (twice as many spaces per grid line), the token becomes half as large, to keep it in scale. Yes it's very confusing, and I'm probably not explaining it well (I don't mess with it since I can't see the use of it), but the upshot is, if that Unit Size on the map page is other than 1, it can lead to tokens coming in at different scales. TL;DR Basically, I'm asking if the unit size is set to 1 on the page on which you are defining the token, and any page into which you drag it. If there is a mismatch, that's likely the culprit.