Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Gloomhaven: Unclear "Recent Uploads" versus moved to a folder

As part of my prep to host Gloomhaven games, I have been uploading a lot of assets. As I individually upload them, they show up in the "Recent Uploads" category of "My Library". After uploading a group I then move them to a folder. Some of the time the items remain in the "Recent Uploads", though, even after I've renamed them in a folder. To compound my confusion, I've created Decks where when I login the next day the images are displayed as broken links for the cards. My question is, what is the proper and safe way to upload many images? I have not been diligent on saving local copies, which I'm afraid will come back to haunt me (if I don't pass my saving throw).
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
To begin with, everything in your library should still be in your Recent Uploads folder. From the wiki : Every single piece of art remains in here even if you move them into a folder or subfolder. Organizing art into folders is only making a  reference  of the image. You can filter your view of Recent Uploads to hide any image that's already been organized into the folder tree by clicking on the icon beside the Recent Uploads heading that looks like two windows overlapping. I'm not sure what is happening with broken links in your card decks. Are you moving a graphic to a folder and then deleting it from "Recent Uploads" assuming you've made a copy of it? That would delete the actual graphic, rather than the reference. Think of an Art Library folder as akin to tagging a graphic, rather than moving a file like you would on your desktop.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Also from the wiki, here is the suggested workflow for uploading and managing art assets: Optimal Organization Method We recommend this methodology every time you upload artwork: Upload your art for a given game/page/system Tag your images in the Recent Uploads Sort your images out of Recent Uploads into a sub-folder If you stay on top of this process each time you upload new images, you'll have an easier time maintaining your art library and your storage quota. 
Slowing down the uploads seems to work better and leave me more confident that things go smoothly: 1) upload, 2) rename, 3) copy to library, 4) move to folder. Thanks!